chapter 45__Dump that guy in your sleep

Rosa hailed a cab after walking around for a while without any destination in mind. Everything seems like a nightmare to her. She wished she could wake up from this terrible nightmare and find that it is all a dream. Rosa was brought up as an elite, a young lady of the upper class soon matter what happens, she is not to resort to drinking. If not, she would have looked for a bar and drink all her sorrow away. Thinking about everything that happened at Ethan's, her chest tightened.
Why didn't she noticed. How can her brother friend she's known for so long and fell in love with could be a homosexual! How can this happen to her.
As Rosa got down from the cab and walked into the house, she looked down but she has not shed any tears.
She wondered if she had been so impatient? Could it be a trick? Did she misunderstand something?
No matter what it is, she will not cry over split milk. Nobody is worthy of my tears.
No body is worthy to make me cry.
" Miss",  The butler called.
Everyone in the house is asleep so the living room is not even lighted.
" Miss, didn't you say you will be sleeping out?", he asked Rosa.
"Something came up. I will go upstairs",  She said.
" Have you had dinner or you want us to whip something out for you?", The butler saw her mood and was concerned for her.
Rosa is a lively child and she rarely got sad. She's gotten everything she wants and she is a happy princess.
Rosa forced a smile.
"I'm okay. I don't want to eat anything",  She said.
" You're back?", Rosa looked up the stairs and saw Mia.
"Sis, you're not asleep?",  Rosa asked.
" Yes, I'm writing a new book. What's with you? It's late", She asked
She really didn't have any interactions with Rosa but she could tell that she's in a bad mood.
Mia walked closer to her.
"Who wronged you? Did something happen?",  Mia asked her
Rosa forced a smile.
" It's nothing", she said.
"Talk to me. I know something is wrong. If you go in like this without sharing it with anyone, you won't be able to sleep",  Mia told her and held her shoulders.
" It's alright. You can talk to me. You can let the tears down. Drop the yoke and don't let it be a burden in your heart. Don't save face in front of me. Talk to me and cry till you feel better",
Hearing this words from Mia, Rosa let the tears she's been holding back fall.
The butler excused them.
Mia took Rosa hand and led her to her room.
"Let's talk in here",  She said.
" Sis, you will really not think I'm spoilt if I cried. What if the matter is not something worthy of my tears? Will you think I'm pathetic? ", Rosa asked.
Mia kept quiet for a while then replied.
" Well, if I see that you are crying for something not worthy, I might really call you a spoilt brat. I may even tongue whipped but why did you mind? It's just the two of us here. If you didn't cry now and get better, it will be like a yoke in your heart and that yoke will eventually turn to aggression. You don't want the person that hurt you to be living well why you are turning pathetic day by day. Somethings are really not worth staying in the mind for more than few minutes", Mia said.
"Then I will cry more sis. I really wants to cry",  Rosa cried loudly. Thank God her room is soundproof. She had not cried like this all her life. She cried and snots is even coming out of her nose.
Mia did not disturb her. She allowed Rosa to cry as she browse through her phone.
Rosa cried for one hour.
Then she called.
" Sis, Is this all a dream? I wish to wake up and find out that it is all a dream"
Mia shook her head.
"Wake up Rosa. Face the reality and don't be in denial. Everything as happened already. Talk to me, and stop your wishful thinking",  Mia told her.
Rosa cried harder.
" I'm so heart broken ", Rosa started.
" I... I loved him for years, Mia. He was my first love. I..... I didn't even notice that he is not straight. Am I so stupid?",
"Are you talking about your Fiance?",  Mia asked her
Rosa nodded.
" What do you mean by he is not straight? Does that mean he is gay?", Mia asked.
Hearing the word gay, Rosa started crying even more.
"What do I do? Where will I start from? It would really hurt my pride right? I was dumped for a guy! How do I live now? Getting married to Ethan is my only dream. I...", She cried even more.
" I think you're fortunate ", Mia told her.
Rosa sniffed and asked, " huh?"
"I mean, wouldn't you be unfortunate if you were tricked into getting married to him before you know. It wouldn't be easy to run back home then. There will be a lot of things  you will want to protect and you might have to endure it. I think that is what the jerk wanted to achieve in the first place. He wanted to tie you down to cover his own sexual orientation. You should be happy that you went there today and was able to witness all you witness",  Mia said while Rosa watched in awe.
Is this how to comfort and console someone?
" I know it will not be easy for you but you have to put such a useless guy behind you. He is really not worth your time", Mia yawned.
"I'm sleepy. I'm going to bed now. I have to be on set tomorrow"
Mia stood up to go.
Rosa hugged her.
Mia stiffened.
"Thanks sis",  Rosa said. " After speaking too you, I feel less uncomfortable. Let's be closer in the future", She added.
Mia smiled.
"Sleep and dump that guy in your sleep over night",  Mia told Rosa and walked out of the room.

" You just came back and you are already so busy. Take it easy,  Mia", Comfort was the first  person who started nagging as Mia said she is going to the set that morning.
"I'm still young, great aunt. I will have lots of time to rest when the shoot ends",  She said.
The servants had finished serving the food.
" Let's dig in. Chris, don't spill food on your uniform", Reina said.
"You might want to wait for the Miss.",  The Butler reminded gently.
" Rosa is home? Didn't she say she's sleeping at Dawn's?", Frank asked.
"She came home yesterday night",  The butler replied.
They all heard footsteps and looked up to see Rosa climbing down the stairs.
She is dressed in a pink dress and she looked like a fairy.
" Didn't you say you will stay at Dawn's for a while?", Reina asked her.
"Good morning family",  Rosa greeted.
Zenith scoffed.
" When did you turn so polite? Are you practicing your manners at your in laws?", he asked her.
Rosa sat down.
"What in laws?",  She asked. Then she added, " Come to think of it, birds of feathers flocked together? Are you not a straight man too?", Then she glanced at Mia and then at Chris.
"It couldn't be right? After all, you're Chris father",  She answered her question herself.
" What are you driving at?", Zenith asked sensing the innuendo in her words.
Rosa smiled.
"Everyone, listen. I, Rosalind am no more getting married to Ethan. I am breaking all ties with him. I'm going to meet him later and throw his ring at him",  She said.
Frank dropped his cutleries.
" What? Are you cracking jokes or what?", he asked.
"I mean it. I am no more getting married!",  Rosa said.
" Are you possessed?", Reina asked. "You exchange rings in front of your parents.  How dare you just decide that you're no more getting married?"
Everyone in the family started tongue whipping her except Zenith and Mia.
Zenith suddenly stood up.
"Rosa, tell me it is not what I'm thinking",  he said.
Rosa smiled.
" Bingo! This brother of mine from the gutters is just as intelligent as always"

🖊🖋🖊🖋🖋🖊

Do you think Mia should be a motivational speaker or a counsellor?

We will be getting more chapters of Mia and Zenith soon.

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye