Chapter 23__Dad?

Zenith pressed the door bell.He had informed her that he will be coming over that weekend.He told her he wanted to see his son. But he knew very well he is heart that though he wanted to see his son and acknowledged him, not as badly as he want to see Mia.
The door opened.
"Welcome",  Mia told him.
She is dressed in a cream coloured home dress. " Come in", She told him and invited in.
The room looks small to Zenith.
How can they live in this small apartment? He sigh as he sat down.
The room looks smaller with his presence.
"Mom",  Chris came out of his room holding a book and a pencil.
" What is it?", Mia asked him.
"I wanted to ask you to help me",  he seems to notice she had a visitor and turned to look at Zenith.
" You... You are that strange good looking guy that came to my school the other day", Chris said.
"How are you?",  Zenith asked smiling. He will give the guy a smile since he had complemented him in Mia's presence.
" Fine", Chris replied.
"Now that we are talking about it? Chris, why didn't you tell me that you met someone strange in school? You always tell me everything.
" It is unimportant that's why I didn't mention it", Chris said.
Zenith scoffed.
'Is this boy implying that he is unimportant to him.'
"Common don't say that Chris. Say Hi, this is your dad", Mia told him.
" Dad?", Chris asked.
"Didn't you say I have no dad like other kids? Didn't you...."
Mia cuts in.
"I found your dad or it more like your dad found you",  Mia said. She didn't want to confuse the kid.He's only three years old after all.
" Come to daddy", Zenith said and squatted.
"Hope this isn't like those boring dramas where the dad will take the baby away? If dad is going to take me away, then I don't want a dad.I'm more familiar with mummy. I will only stay with mummy.I will only accept other people if mummy says to accept them and if mummy will always be by my side",  Chris said.
Mia heart the pregnancy to date, giving birth to him and raising him is definitely worth it. If it is to happy again she will choose to go through it for Chris.
" I'm not separating your mom and you ", Zenith said and thought to himself.
'who wants a son? I want a wife. It will be nicer if it is a fluffy pink daughter.Oh! How cute'
Mia smiled and said to Chris.
" I just thought you might want to know your dad. Don't worry, I won't allow anybody to take you away", She assured her son.
Mia is actually using all means to assure herself. She hoped the man will really not take her son away. She has so many complicated feelings at the moment.
"Take your time and talk to your dad.I will quickly whip something out in the kitchen",  Mia said.
Chris nodded.
Zenith gave a box to him and sat down.
" What is this, uncle... I mean dad?", He asked.
Zenith Sigh.How can he call him a uncle? He's a brother. He's not even that old!
"It's a present.I'm sorry for not been there when you are younger.You wouldn't understand if I explain.Just forgive and  accept dad okay?",
" Okay. Thanks dad"
Zenith smiled.
Though the boy is kind of annoying, he is cute.
He looks so understanding and say words that are not expected of a boy of his age.
'As expected of my son.He's really not a bastard.'
Zenith stood up and walked to the  kitchen.He's done talking to the boy.He only wants to watch her.
He stood by the door and saw her watching the vegetables.Her slender arms, beautiful chin and .....
"Oh! Are you done catching up with Chris?",  She asked.
Zenith jerked.
" Huh? Oh, Yes!", He said.
"Mom, I got a game",  Chris entered the kitchen.
" Dad gave me a video game as a present", He said.
Mia looked at Zenith.
"Thanks",  she said.
" Don't thank me.He's my son after all", He said.
Mia nodded.
"Are you leaving now?",  She asked him.
" Aren't you preparing lunch for us? And we still have a lot of things to talk about", He said.
"What do we.....",  Mia was asking when he cuts in.
" We are talking about Chris. I know we should not intervene with each other lives", he said.

Zenith enjoyed the food. It's just two dishes and one soup but it isn't bad.
"I must say you are a good cook.No wonder our little guy here grew up so well", Zenith said
" I hope you are not referring to me as a little guy.Dad, you may not know but I'm not a kid anymore.I'm three years old!", Chris told him.
Mia laughed and pat her son's head.
"Thanks for the compliment",  She said.
" Chris go play your video game.I want to say a few words to your mum", Zenith said.
"Okay",  Chris said and walked into his small room.
" What do you have to say?", Mia asked.
"Can I take Chris out once in a while if I'm less busy?",  He asked her.
" Of course. But please let me know each time so that I won't look for him and be anxious.", Mia replied.
"Please ask me for anything Chris need.Let me be in charge of his financial maintenance.
I can pay for all you have spent on him for the past years too"
"I will ask you if he need something from now on but please forget about paying for his past espenses.He's my son too",  Mia told him frankly.
" Alright. Let's change his school.I will enrol him in a better school. That school is a crap.Who allows stranger to enter schools and have contact with pupils? They even allowed me to take strands of his hair What if I'm someone evil? My son shouldn't attend a school like that", Zenith said.
Mia scoffed.
'see who is talking? Isn't he a perpetrator too.The school proprietress probably did it to get in his good book.Who knew she will end up offending him so! '
"Let's do that then.",  Mia said.
"Then I will pick you up on monday",  Zenith said.
" OK ", Mia said
Zenith wanted to say something but he hesitated.He wants to tell her to avoid bringing men to the house to avoid confusing Chris.She should stop bringing other men to pick him in school too!
He had so many things to tell her but he decided to take it one step at a time.
He's going to chase her and win her heart. Right now, his happiness knew no bounds.

🖋🖊🖋🖊🖋🖊
More comments please.

You can drop Ideas for me in the comment section.I always read all comments.

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye
      ( Beckylove)