030 | the aftermath

Kallista wakes up to an empty spot beside her — untouched, cold. Just as if Draco had decided to sleep elsewhere.

It takes a few seconds for her to understand she is currently in Malfoy Manor, in the room where Draco used to sleep in before he decided to move in with Kallista.

There is an uncanny feeling inside her chest — some sort of twisting, aching stroke to her heart as she observes the cold space next to her.

Whilst she sits up, clutching the silk sheets to her bare chest, she recalls that she fell asleep in a matter of seconds last night.

"Don't go, Kallista."

She has never heard Draco ask something of this sort to her. It's as if he can't bear to watch her walk away after what happened. She understands that, in this exact moment, Draco meant everything he had told her.

Kallista turns around, her skin still shining with a faint coat of sweat, her dress clutched to her chest. Her hair is dishevelled, her eyes shine like crystals and her face glows with utter bliss. Blood-rushed lips and cheeks rosy.

Kallista is the prettiest witch he has ever seen.

She releases a shaky sigh only audible for herself when she meets silver. Draco is sitting on the edge of the bed, his blonde hair tousled with a few wild strands falling onto his eyebrows. Two minutes ago, as he had let himself be vulnerable underneath Kallista's piercing gaze, his eyes were unveiled, revealing so many emotions that she couldn't place a word upon them.

A gloom overcomes Draco faster than a cloud shielding the sun from shining, his eyes flickering with a wave of melancholy for a heartbeat.

Kallista realises that whenever he is around her, he doesn't let his Occlumency walls up. Doesn't anymore, at least. Doesn't feel the need to, because he wants everything to feel real.

He doesn't want to repeat himself, not being able to put his pride aside. And so, he silently pleads with his eyes — he craves for her touch and her scent and her eyes and everything about her. He pleads for her to stay, even if it's only for a few minutes.

"Just a few minutes," she replies with a quiet voice as though she had just read his mind.

Draco doesn't show the smile on his lips. He merely nods, shifting in the bed to allow her to come closer to him.

Even if he wants to look at her for eternity, he gives her the space she needs. Tucking himself under the sheets, he lies on his back with his hands locked behind his head. He listens to Kallista lying beside him, an odd distance separating the both of them.

Kallista faces Draco, her hands tucked under her cheek as she lands her gaze upon the blond. She would adore to stay right here and observe the curve of his nose, the sharpness of his jawline and the perfect definition of his features.

And when their eyes lock, she can feel her heartbeat picking up. He offers the smallest smile, the corners of his lips tugging upwards and a tint of crimson appearing on his cheeks.

"Don't be like that," she teases sleepily.

Draco raises his brows, moving to lie on his side, one strong arm folded beneath his temple. The other rests in front of his chest curled in a fist to prevent himself to reach out to Kallista. There is a loose curl bothering him that sticks to her forehead, but he will give her the space she desperately needs.

"Like what?" He asks lowly, his voice deep and ethereal.

She shrugs, "Like you're sweet and caring and all that."