022 | the way i make you feel

"So, how's Kallista doing?"

Surrounded by joyful witches and wizards, with an upbeat melody echoing through the thin walls of the pub, Draco, Finlay and Blaise sit around a table in a secluded corner of the room.

"How would I know?" Draco utters blandly, draping his arm over the back of the unoccupied chair beside him, "She's your sister."

"You don't have to remind me," Finlay huffs in an exaggerated way, rolling his blue eyes, "But didn't you go check up on her last week?"

An unbothered shrug from Draco as he swirls his drink in the glass in his hand, "I did."

"And?"

Soft yet controlling lips locking to his, skin burning and magnetised to his touch, quiet yet sultry sighs evaporating in his mouth as their tongues battled — these are the first memories from their encounter that enter Draco's mind.

In addition, he reminisces the way he started to feel something when she cut herself, when she allowed Draco to take care of her. It was like he was pulled towards her, as if he was meant to heal her.

And maybe the universe doesn't want Draco to simply heal Kallista's kitchen injuries. Maybe he is destined to more than that — to heal her in the most complete way possible.

But how could he do that when he doesn't even know what he feels for her?

"Wait." Blaise's hoarse voice snaps Draco out of his thoughts, "You went to check up on her?"

The blond slightly shakes his head, "Let me correct you," Gripping firmly his glass filled with his favourite liquor, he aims his pointer finger at Blaise as he narrows his eyes, "I went to tell her to get her shit together."

"Ah," Finlay and Blaise exchange a look somehow filled with relief, "That's more likely of you."

"And how is she actually doing after—" Blaise twists his mouth as the next words sound like murmurs, "The whole Theo thing?"

Draco flickers his gaze between his two friends, curiosity filling their big, bright eyes, "How would I know?" He inquires lowly before taking a small sip of the beverage. He lets the liquid burn his throat, taking the time to enjoy the feeling.

"Because you care for her."

He snorts, then his breath gets caught in what seems to be the beginning of a shallow laugh, "I what for her?" The glass gets slammed on the table. His head shakes slightly as his jaw clenches. "Why are you telling me such bullshit right now, Finn?"

His dark eyebrows raise, and before a word can leave his mouth, Blaise speaks up, "You went to visit her, Draco. Helped her with her cut—"

"How do you know about her stupid injury?" Draco narrows his eyes.

His nonchalant demeanour as he leans back in his seat, legs spread apart and arm draped over the back of a chair doesn't go unnoticed by the women passing by the table.

"This one told me," Blaise replies, pointing his thumb at Finn.

The blond's gaze shifts to his friend, and a cold scowl plasters his face, "You saw her since then? You sneaky minx."

An amused grin draws itself on Finn's lips. He hums and nods, "This morning, actually." He licks his lips, "You know, Malfoy," He kicks the blond's shoe, chuckling when Draco kicks back harder, "Kallista has always had a hard time opening up about her feelings."

Draco frowns, "Are we talking about the same Kallista?"

"Yes," Finn says blatantly, "And consider yourself lucky if she lets you in."