27.

[a]

Seeing Ellie have the time of her life at this concert was what we both needed. I wrapped my arms around her from behind and she grabbed my hands, singing to the music.

"You having fun?" I ask her.

She turns to face me and smiled big. "This is the most amazing night. Thank you again.."

I knew she would love this. She had a variety of favorite artists, and I know she had mentioned seeing Harry Styles. I mean, it wasn't a bad show, he's a good artist, good performer. I wanted her happy, that's all I wanted for her. Her happiness came before mine.

Damn, I really am in love with this girl, huh?

She turns to face me during one of his slower songs. I couldn't tell which one it was, but I think it was more of a sad song.

I kiss her forehead gently. Her eyes close as my lips press against her forehead She hums to the music, swaying back and forth before she looks at me, smiling.

"You're beautiful.." I say, causing her to smile more and hide her face.

She shakes her head, then looked at me, standing on her tiptoes to kiss me. We kiss for a moment before she pulls away, just looking into my eyes.

"I truly am so lucky."

===

"I seriously cannot thank you enough, babe. I loved that so much.." Ellie says as we walk hand-in-hand back to the car.

I nod, taking a second to lean against the car, pulling her towards me by the waist. I take a second and look at her, admiring her beauty. I didn't know how I got lucky with her.

I bring a hand to her cheek, my thumb grazing across her jawline as I feel her cheek heat up. I know I say it a lot but I really am happy with her.

"I love you." I tell her.

Before she can reply, I kiss her slowly. I can feel her practically melt into the kiss and feel her lips slightly curve into a smile.

"I love you too." She says before kissing me. I make sure my hands wander all over her hips before I sneakily grab her ass, causing her to giggle and break the kiss.

I couldn't help but smile like an idiot.

===

The next morning, Ellie lays besides me in bed. I honestly didn't remember falling asleep. I just remember Ells and I were talking for a couple of hours and then decided to turn on a movie.

Last night was incredible, I would replay it over and over if I could. I remember us laughing about nonsense when we got home. Which had become a trend lately; We would just sit up and talk for hours. I think that's why we clicked so easily, we were able to talk about whatever and not get bored of one another.

I needed to get things done but Ellie was snuggled against me. I had emails and shit to reply to, so I carefully grabbed my laptop as Ells continued to sleep.

When she woke up, she looked up at me with sleepy eyes and kissed my bicep.

"Well, good morning..." I said, quietly before I looked back at my laptop.

She stretched out, smiling at me. "Hi.." She rasped out, laying her head on my arm. "Why are you up?"

I look back at her, "I had to respond to some work stuff." I replied, leaning down to kiss her forehead. "I rarely check my emails nowadays so I felt like since I had time, I would do it.."

Ellie shook her head at me. "You slacker!" She laughed, leaning up and kissed my jaw before getting out of bed. When she walked back in the bedroom, she smiled all cute at me. "You look so studious. Kind of cute."

"Is that so?" I laugh, looking at her.

She nodded, laying on her stomach, keeping her attention on me. As I continued to do work, I knew that Ells was growing impatient and wanted attention on her. She whined and I moved my laptop slightly to look at her.

"Pay attention to meeee."

I shake my head. "Babe, I'm almost done with this stuff, and then we can go hang out or do whatever."

"But the emails are boring, I'm fun." She pouted, turning to lay on her back. "They can wait a little longer.."

"I really can't put them off any longer, babe."

"My needs can't be put off any longer."

I roll my eyes, setting my laptop on my nightstand, moving to hover over her and she just giggled. "Does this help your needs?"

She giggled again, "My lips would like yours on them.." She said before I kissed her gently. A smile formed on her lips as she kissed me back and I pulled away, looking in her eyes. "That was better. No more emails now, just attention on me."

"You, are going to be the death of me, Ellie Davis."