1.

"Everything went fine, I got what I need and travel was smooth," I say to my mom over the phone, grabbing my last suitcase from the conveyor belt, hauling ass to the car. "Yeah, I don't even know what my roommate looks like, just know his name."

I make my way through the airport parking complex with all of my luggage, struggling to carry it all in one trip. I knew it was going to be a hassle trying to get it into my car. I quickly check my phone while my mom is still on the line as she's just going off about being safe and whatnot. I had already triple checked everything, she had nothing to worry about.

I went into my messages, going to the conversation between me and my new housemate. We only got connected through sports. Being a marketing major graduate, I had landed a job with the New York Yankees and needed to work out a living arrangement. I noticed a posting for an upper part of a duplex available for rent from this Aaron guy. It was right near the stadium, but probably total bachelor's pad.

I didn't know much about Aaron personally. I knew he played for the Yankees, I knew he was a top name in baseball, and he was trying to have himself an MVP season. I didn't pay attention to specific people within my line of work. I was more interested in statistics, analytics and teams as a whole to see what I can do on my end to better franchises.

I press my ear back to the phone, hearing my mom was still talking on the other end,

"Mom," I interrupt her.

"Yes, Ellie?"

"I have to go now. I'll call you later on once I'm settled in or tomorrow morning before I go into work, okay? Don't worry, I got it all under control."

She sighs, "Of course I'm going to worry about you, baby. You're my little girl, I always gotta make sure you're okay."

I laugh to myself, "I know, I know. I'll talk to later. I love you."

"I love you too, bug."

I end the call and take a sigh of relief, finally being off the phone with her. I loved my parents, but sometimes, they were really a pain in the neck.

When I arrive at the duplex, I look on my phone, double checking the address given to me. I figured I would leave my luggage in my car until I figured out sleeping arrangements and whatnot and until I met Aaron.

I fumble with the keys in my hands before grabbing the one to unlock the door and walk in, noticing it's rather quiet when I walk in.

"Hello?" I call out, no response. Maybe he isn't home? I sigh, taking a look around. You could definitely tell it was a bachelor's pad. Sports memorabilia, tequila and whiskey bottles on top of the cabinets. Definitely was going to make myself at home on the upper deck.

I heard footsteps creeping closer in the kitchen and I looked over, seeing a very tall male figure looking at me. "Hey, you must be Elliana?" He smirks at me and I noticed his eyes do a full take on my body. I looked like shit, sweats and a tshirt with a messy bun was not cute.

"Nah, just an intruder in your place." I say sarcastically before laughing, "Yeah, I'm Elliana. You can call me Ellie."

"It's nice to finally meet you in person. I'm Aaron, but you knew that already." He smiles. I could tell he was just being nice to make it seem like he was going to be a gentleman of a roommate to share a duplex with.

"Do you have anything with you?" He asks me, cocking his head to the side as he noticed I was pretty empty-handed.

I nod, "It's all in my car. I figured I would come up and say hello before bringing all my stuff to the upper level."

"Fair enough," he replies, clearing his throat before grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "So you're from Boston, right? Why here?"

I watch him open the bottle of water. "I graduated from Columbia, actually and got a job with the Yankees out of school." I tell him shrugging, "Boston wasn't really doing me good, so I thought I would expand my horizons."

"Ah, you had mentioned something about that. You grew up a Red Sox fan? And you decide to come out here to your rival?" He asks, glancing me up and down again. "You want help with your luggage?"

"It would be nice.." I tell him before he follows me out to my car. I walk behind him as I knew his eyes wouldn't be focused on walking out to my car.

We get my luggage into the upper part of the duplex and into my room. "I didn't really want a 'housemate' to begin with," He states. "Thought I was going to be living here alone, but coach suggested I post something online, offset the rent."

I look at him confused, not really sure how to reply to what he just said.

"Oh, uh, cool? " I laugh, "I guess?"

Aaron shrugs, "But hey, a pretty girl like you living with me? I may not be opposed to this whole idea.."

I nod again, going to unpack my things.

"You have a boyfriend?" He asks, breaking the awkward silence between us.

I just look at him frazzled. "No? Why would it matter anyways?" I folded my arms over my chest, keeping my eyes on him.

He shrugs again, "Just curious. I wanna know if I have any competition. Surprised you don't, guys would be all over you."

I laugh, shaking my head. "Yeah, no. Not gonna happen." I tell him, "We're housemates."

"That never stopped anyone." He said before walking out the door and back downstairs to his portion of the place.

This was going to be something..