18

[e]

I finished packing my suitcase and zipped it up, hauling it down the stairs to the main living room. I was off to travel with the team as they went on a nice little road trip to Chicago, Milwaukee, then Toronto. I was fortunate enough to go with the team, and lucky for me, I had a baseball player in my house to help me out.

"The bus ride from the stadium to the airport might be a little annoying. I don't know if you want to sit by me on the bus, or if you want to sit next to like media staff that's riding. It's up to you, I don't want people heckling you." Aaron says as he grabbed my luggage. I double check to make sure I had everything in my carry-on bag and fix my hair in the mirror.

"Heckling me for what?" I ask.

"Because you're a pretty girl on a bus with men that can go from sleepy to horny in the snap of a finger." He laughed. "But I'm sure they all know you're hands off."

I rose an eyebrow at him. "Am I?"

He nodded. "No one can even dare to attempt to make a move on you. You're my girl." That was the first time I heard him say that. We weren't really putting a label on whatever we had going on; He expressed his feelings about falling for me, and I hadn't really said how I felt yet.

"Is that so, Judge?"

He grabs under my legs, lifting me up. "No one else can have you. If a guy tries? I give you permission to punch them. You're my girl.." He says in a rather husky tone of voice and I just feel the butterflies in my stomach run rampant.

I nod, looking him in the eyes. "Yes sir.." I laugh before he kisses me quick and sets me down, grabbing his luggage to bring to his car.

"We have to drive to the stadium, and then we'll leave from there." He tells me as I follow him to the car.

i sit in the passenger seat, looking at my phone as I waited for Aaron to get in so he could drive us. Once he got in and started driving, I felt his hand grip onto my thigh, causing me to get goosebumps.

"I feel the goosebumps.." He laughed as he glanced at me.

I laugh, nodding. "It was very unexpected." I put my hand over his before grabbing it and lacing our fingers together. If this didn't show I was interested in him without actually telling him? I'm gonna need a new way.

===

When we got to the stadium, I got out of the car and grabbed my luggage. Aaron took it from me and put it under the bus. I smile at him before getting on the bus, seeing Aaron's friends smirk at me.

"Judge bringing a girl along? Wow, he's really making big boy moves!" Giancarlo says, laughing.

"Since when does Judge have a girlfriend?" One of his teammates, Josh asks.

"We aren't dating.." I say. "Housemates and I happen to work for your team. So I have an advantage with traveling." I smile and sit down in a window seat.

"Damn, Aaron, you landed a good one." One of his teammates say and I just roll my eyes, putting my AirPods in to ignore their comments.

Aaron had reached over, grabbing my hand. "We aren't dating, dude. She's just my roommate." I can faintly hear him say. I feel him give my hand a slight squeeze as he talked, I knew he was going to be defensive and protective over me.

On the plane, I talked to a couple of the guys while Aaron pretty much slept. I know he was up late last night, so I didn't want to bother him. When we landed, I let all the guys get off before I woke Aaron up.

"Hey," I shook him lightly. "We're here.." I said quietly, kissing his head. "I got your backpack, c'mon.." I squeeze my way through the seats and looked at Aaron as he stretched out, rubbing his eyes.

"Did I sleep the entire flight?" He asked, laughing as he took his backpack.

I nod, looking at him. "Yeah, I knew you were pretty beat last night so I let you sleep a little." I tell him with a smile as we walked off the plane to luggage claim.

"Oh, thanks Ells." Aaron said, kissing my cheek quick as we walked side by side, not holding hands as we weren't really a couple and the last thing we needed was our names being blasted in the media, because I'm sure that would be the first thing to happen.

====

We arrived at the hotel about an hour later and I went to check in and looked over at Aaron, "C'mon roomie." I smile as I wiggle my eyesbrows and walk with him to our room. He requested to have a room with me which was nice, as I probably would've been awkward as hell with one of the other guys.

Aaron set down his stuff and laid down on the bed. "Holy shit, I hate traveling." He said, putting his hands behind his head and took a deep breath.

I nod, setting my things down as well and moved to sit on his hips. "I don't know how you guys do it all the time. Your sleep schedule must be fucked."

"Red bull, coffee, and sleeping whenever I can is really how I roll." Aaron replies. "Especially with trips like this where we're hitting like three different cities in such a short span of time? It sucks.." He rested his hands on my thighs, giving them a slight squeeze.

"Crazy." I respond, running my fingers through his hair, which was easily becoming an obsessive habit of mine. "But you got me for this roadtrip." I smile cute at him.

"That I do." He says before I lean down and peck his lips.

He smiled at me. "I always do better when I know my good luck charm is around.."

"Is that so, Judge?" I ask him, giggling quietly.

Aaron nods. "Yeah, if I'm being honest. I think just knowing you're there just causes me to perform better. I have to impress you somehow."

I roll my eyes. "You are literally one of the greatest baseball players and you're trying to impress me? That's crazy talk." I tell him, getting off of his hips and looked in the suitcase for a pair of shorts. "It's been a while since we've seen anyone play as good as you, Aaron. You don't need to try and impress me at all."

"But I feel like I do, I dunno." He shrugs. "I know I can play good and perform at my best, but I Just feel that I do better knowing you're around. It's been like that lately. You just have that effect on me."

I smile at him. "Babe, you're a superstar all on your own. I just sit back and watch history in the making."