81⭑ You're breaking up with me?

Start from the beginning

"You heard the woman." Koi crossed her arms.

I ushered Harlow up the patio stairs by a gentle but firm grip on his arm and we piled inside of the house, into the kitchen. I ran to grab a cloth before he could drip all over my floor and I soaked it with water, removing his hand from his face to catch his gushing nose.

Niko followed Naomi into the living room, his face far less bloody, but still in need of help, so I got one for him too and grabbed an ice pack for the two of them.

I dragged Harlow to the living room and shoved him in a chair, all of us gathered around in one big circle.

I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Man, on Prom Eve? Really? Someone tell me what the fuck just happened."

Harlow opened his mouth and I put my hand up in his direction, pissed off enough at him, "And not... you."

"They got into a fight." Zayn shrugged.

"No," I said sarcastically, "Really? I couldn't tell by the blood splattered all over my back yard and on my carpet!" I gestured to the white rug on my living room floor, "I meant, why is this is happening?"

It grew silent.

They were afraid to snitch. Afraid of me. Which I was both proud of and annoyed with. But, I knew where the rat laid. Where the weak link was.

"Micheal..." I stared him down until his eyes went wide, "Tell me. Top to bottom. Who started it and why? I don't want fighting in our friend group, jus' explain."

Niko glanced at Mike, "Don't--"

Mikey started spewing out words before he could stop himself, talking a mile a minute, "We were sitting on the patio talking about relationships and I was saying that Zayn should get with Koi and Zayn was saying that he can't because he thinks Koi likes Naomi. And Niko was like 'if that's true, I feel bad' because he wants to be with Naomi and they like each other, but if hes' with Naomi he feels like he's interfering with Koi's chances of a relationship or rubbing it in her face--"

"And he knows what it's like to love someone who doesn't love him back, and then Harlow was like 'well, it's not your fault, you can't steal someone away and if she wasn't interested, it's not her fault either' and then Niko was like 'you can steal people away' and then they started talking about you and how you stole Harlow away from him and then Niko started talking about how Harlow treated him like dirt for that and for a bunch of other stuff and then Harlow like--"

"Blew up and started saying a bunch of mean things about him, saying it wasn't his fault he didn't love him, that Niko couldn't take a hint, and then Niko threw a punch, and Zayn was like 'oh shit' and I was like 'they're gonna fight for real?' and then Harlow tackled him and then they started fighting, and blood was everywhere and then you came and dragged him away by his feet and now we're here in the living room and I really don't wanna be apart of this, please don't be mad at me."

He deeply inhaled when he was finished.

The room grew silent and I could tell that order of events was correct because everyone looked pretty fucking guilty.

I took a long blink and tried to piece together that shit stain of a puzzle, but still came up a little lost.

"Wait--but that's not even true, Koi doesn't like me." Naomi looked toward the girl herself, "...D--Do you?"

Koi looked like a kid caught with candy and never before had I seen her look so uncomfortable. Everyone's eyes were on her with shock or curiosity and she frowned sadly, her eyes welling up with tears before she ran from the room and up the stairs.