74 ⭑ Bite The Bullet, Babe

Start from the beginning

I was sat on top of the piano with Niko, Mikey, and Zayn while we all ate food and watched out little ladies rehearse.

"Sure, sure," I snapped another picture and then whistled, winding up the film with my thumb as I gazed at the ceiling. Not doin' nothin'.

"Dude, look how many french fries I can fit in my mouth," Niko turned toward me suddenly, crumbs of salt falling from hs stretched lips.

I laughed and held up the camera, taking a photo. Which Mikey bombed, stickers from his happy meal stuck on his face.

"Oh my--this isn't a playground boys! Either pack it up and go, or shut...up." Cherry warned us again.

I took the camera away from my eye, rolling them, "Yes, dear."

"You're just gon' take that?" Zayn asked, munching on a chicken nugget, "Couldn't be me. I reckon you do whatever she says though, no?"

"She's my ol' lady." I smirked.

Niko chewed down the french fries like a dog, clearing his tongue enough to speak clearly, "More like his 'mommy', mommy!" He whined and whimpered, making fun of me.

He'd heard Cherry teasing me about it this morning. Turned out, now everyone knew what had slipped from my lips that night.

"Piss off," I shoved his arm and snatched his french fries, taking one out of the small container to eat.

"Oi! Those're mine! Get your own, you bottom whore!" Niko tried to snatch the french fries back, but I turned my body and stuffed my mouth full of them before he could.

"You little shit!"

"Hey! Okay, you know what? Out!" Cherry barked in interruption, feedback screeching into her microphone that gave me chills.

"No, no, no!" All of us boys exclaimed, looking up at the girls in begging.

"We'll be silent." Niko muttered, snatching back his fries.

"Not a peep," Zayn shook his head.

"Quiet as a rat," Mikey hushed.

"I--rat? The fuck are you talkin' about, ya wanker, it's quiet as a mouse."

"Rats? Mice? What's the difference?" Mikey asked me, shrugging his shoulders innocently.

"Um, there's a very big difference between a mouse and a rat," I corrected him, swallowing down the fatty food, "One eats fuckin' trash off the side of the road and the other can pull off a sensible party hat. You're mental."

"But, they're virtually the same, aren't they?" Zayn shrugged, "both got big teeth. Both smell. Both like cheese."

I cackled, "If that's the logic you're using, then Mikey would be right 'cause he's one of 'em."

Mikey threw a french fry at me.

Niko looked back and forth between all of us, "Okay, wait, think of it this way, mice are the lady rodents and rats are the men rodents."

"Ahh..." Zayn pointed at Niko in agreement with his sloshing pop drink, "This is why Naomi let you hit. He's thinkin' outside the box. Smart man."

I put my arms out, "What does that make me then? A fucking flamboyant squirrel? What's the rodent logic here? I'm at least a gerbil. I refuse to be classified with the rat category."

"You're a chipmunk," Zayn answered, "They're just sassy squirrels."

Niko dropped his jaw like we'd just discovered time travel, "Oh my god, dude, you're totally right--"