Part 30

Lauren came up to me and engulfed me in what looked like the biggest and tightest hug I've ever received. "What a goal, Stacy! You should do that more often for City!" She said in my ear, still holding me tightly in her hug.

"Thank you!" I said in response, while hugging her back. We were walking towards the family and friends section, when Georgia also came walking beside us. "Great goal, Stacy!" She said, while draping her arm around my shoulders. I just smiled in return and let my head rest on her shoulder, signalling that I appreciated what she said.

"Is there anyone here for you?" Lauren carefully asked me, knowing how fragile that subject still was for me. Meanwhile she was scanning the crowd in front of us, presumably looking for her own parents or Ellie, her girlfriend. "Nope." I said, popping the p. "Oh, well I'm sure Ellie would love to see you again." She said, trying to perhaps make me feel a bit wanted, since there's really not a soul that's here for me.

"No thanks, I'm okay. I mean don't get me wrong, I love Ellie. You know I do. But I just don't want to be the third wheel, again." I said, ending my sentence with a slight chuckle thinking back about all those times Lauren didn't want to leave me out, and so she invited me to loads of dinners and days out, together with her girlfriend. They really are the sweetest, but I just didn't want to feel like too much of a burden.

Both Lauren and Georgia walked towards their own parents or friends, while I stayed back a bit. I sat down on the grass and took a deep breath, letting all the nerves and emotions that were once in my body leave. I loved the feeling of the grass against my skin and the smell of the grass after a rainy day. It made me think about football. So, ultimately, it made me think about the one thing that made me the happiest person alive. Football.

No one will probably ever get how much I actually love football. It's the most reliable thing ever. It will never leave. It's weird, if you think about it. That only a ball is needed to give me such a huge amount of happiness. And, that said, it's also one of the few things that actually gives me such an amount of happiness.

I didn't really do much, while sitting on the grass. I was really just watching all of my teammates greet their families and friends. I was actually really enjoying myself, until a pair of legs blocked my view. I looked up to see who the pair of legs belonged to and saw that it was the one and only Leah Williamson. It's weird, though. At first she was all bitchy towards me, and now she's suddenly acting all friendly as if the events of the past few months never happened.

"Hi." She said, while taking a seat next to me. "Hey." I said through an exhale, making it sound like I didn't want her here.

"I'm sorry, do you want me to go away? I mean that's okay, just say the word and I'm gone." She said with a slight smile on her face. "No, no, it's okay. It's just... don't you have family to greet?" I said in response. Now looking at her as well. I didn't say it in a mean way, it was more the curiosity that just took over.

"I already did. Look, they're over there!" She said with a big smile displayed on her face, while pointing towards the crowd. Though, I didn't really understand who exactly she was pointing at.

"Where?" I asked, squinting my eyes to get a better look at all the individual people that were in the crowd. "There." She said, while laying her left hand on my shoulder and trying to line her right arm up with my line of sight, so she could much easier show me who exactly she meant.

"Oh, is it the one with the red hair? Is that your mum?" I questioned, finally having an idea about who she was pointing towards. She just laughed at my comment and hummed in response, while still wearing a massive smile on her face. Obviously being very proud of the family she had. "She looks nice." I continued to say, because of a lack for a better comment. She, again, just hummed in response before she spoke up again,

"So, where are your parents?"

A/N
-I'm backkkk, well sort of. I feel like shit and school's really taking its toll on me. But I've got a week off now, so hopefully I'll be able to get a bit more chapters in.
- thank you to everyone for your continues support! I love all of you!!
- now, please help a girl out! I know exactly where I want to go, but I just need some tiny interesting things to happen throughout the story(it may also be a little bigger of course!) so if you want to see something specific happen in this story, tell me! I'd really appreciate it!
- hope you liked the chapter, and see you soon!

:)