Part 5

The start of the season was in a few days. I went to Italy for a week, with a few friends from home, to relax and get my body ready for the upcoming season.

I had been training with Manchester City for a few weeks now and I have gotten to know the girls a bit. Training went well. Physically and mentally I felt good.

Our first match would be a tough one. We had to verse Tottenham. I didn't expect to play, let alone start. I just joined the club, so it would probably take a few matches before I was able to play a few proper minutes.

~~~

It was game day. Luckily we played at home, so we didn't have to sit in the coach for our first match.

The game started and in the 31' minute we were up by 1-0. We all expected that we would win this match, but you should never underestimate your opponents.

At half time, most of us were sitting in the dressing room, while some of us were warming up on the pitch. We were still 1-0 up, but we felt like we could do more.

In the 49' minute we were already up by 2-0. The next goal didn't take long and so in the 56' minute we were 3-0 up.

In the 78' minute we were still up by 3-0, when Gareth called me over.

"Yes?" I questioned, wondering what he wanted to say.

"Go warm up." Gareth instructed like it was the most normal thing in the world. "Ok." I answered, having no idea what the actual hell was going on. I thought I wouldn't play for another few matches. Though, we were 3-0 up, so it's not like he's taking any risks by subbing me on.

I was so excited to play, that my warmup only took around 3 minutes. He told me I would come on for Georgia since she had a yellow card. He gave me some tactical instructions and notified the official that he was going to sub.

Georgia gave me some encouraging words when she came off, and I sprinted to my position. I didn't have any superstition or anything so I wouldn't have to worry about that.

We were already dominating for the entirety of the match, so this was my chance to show Gareth what I could do when we were in possession of the ball.

It was now the 84' minute and I hadn't made any major mistakes and I think I showed a good performance, so far.

Keira had the ball and passed it to me. I saw a white shirt on my right, so I turned to the left and saw a lot of space. I ran into it and saw Lauren making the run. I crossed the ball so that it would be on a perfect height for a header. She only had to put her head against the ball to turn it in to a goal. And so she did.

Lauren ran up to me and gave me a hug, this soon turned into a huddle, when more of our teammates joined the hug. They all congratulated Lauren on her 2nd goal of the season, and me for my for first assist of the season and for Manchester City.

As soon as the final whistle went we shook hands and gave hugs. After, we started to make our way to the dressing room when Lauren slowed down to walk beside me.

"Not bad, starting your season of with a brace, could be better though." I jokingly said to her. She laughed at this and said, "not bad, an assist in your debut, I expected at least a goal from you though." I nudged her playfully and we entered the dressing room laughing.

~~~

That same evening I posted a picture on instagram, saying something about making my debut. I got loads of congratulations from family, friends, players and fans.

I also got added into a group called 'Party 4life'. If I may say so, that is quite a lame name for a group chat, but okay.

In the group chat were: Lauren, Keira, Lucy, Alex, Georgia, Beth Mead, Leah, Ellie, and me now as well.

I saw some congratulations from a few about making my debut for Man City. I thanked them and the conversation soon led to a new party being planned for in a few days when all of us had the day after off, just to make sure our hangovers wouldn't clash with any matches or trainings.

I then soon got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number:
- Hi, how are you?
- Bet you're gonna hear
from Sarina soon ;)

Who is this? -

- Ouch, that hurts. You
don't even have my number
saved in your contacts?
- it's Leah

Oops, sorry, I'll change -
it right away!
Wait, from Sarina, wdym? -

- Well, you had an amazing
euro's with the u-19's and
you just assisted in your debut.

How would you know -
who she is calling?

- I mean, Im the captain, so
we talk about that sort of things.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about that. -
Do you really think so? -

- I just told you.

Right. -
Well, if you have any more -
of these kind of updates, be
sure to text me ;)

- Maybe I will ;)

Is she kidding? I'm not sure, these kind of things are always hard to understand over text. But I sure do hope that she's being serious. I mean, that would be amazing.

A real dream coming true.

A/N
- a bit less long, but still hope you enjoyed it!
- ideas, suggestions, tips or anything else is welcome!

:)