Part 23

The next day and night went by smoothly. As expected, I could sleep without any trouble and didn't even wake up one time. Unlike the night before, and probably the upcoming night as well.

Today, I had some media obligations and the final preparations for the game of tomorrow. We would be playing against Sweden, so it surely wouldn't be easy. Though, our second match was supposed to be a lot easier. It would be against Belgium, and so I was secretly hoping that maybe Sarina would give me the opportunity to make my debut and get some minutes in, since it was just a friendly.

For the media obligations I had to do today, I was walking towards the press conference room. First I would have a press conference about tomorrow's game, and after I believed I had some sort of interview or game for the lionesses YouTube channel.

The press conference wasn't too interesting. The questions were mostly about the game tomorrow and what our expectations were, and about my personal situation concerning the England team. Luckily, Leah wasn't participating in the press conference, because I hadn't spoken a word to her since our little confrontation the other night.

The press conference didn't take as long as I had expected. It only took around half an hour, which meant that I had even more free time for myself after we've filmed some content for the fans.

The press conference room was exactly next to the media room, so I could immediately walk in there and be done with all of that. Well so I thought. Apparently, I was 15 minutes early and the man behind the camera told me that one of my teammates, who would be joining me, would be here by then.

I hadn't been told anything about what I was going to do in a few minutes, just where I had to be. And so I also had no idea that anyone was going to be joining me.

A few minutes before we were scheduled to start filming, the door went open and I saw Beth walking in. Apparently she was going to be the one to join me.

We gave each other a quick hug and both took our seats in front of the camera. We were told that we were going to do a quiz about our teammates. We were going to be versing each other, to find out who has the best knowledge of the England squad.

To be honest, I thought it was quite unfair. Since this is only my second time being here, and Beth has been here many times before. Though, on the other hand, many girls in the England squad played for Man City, so I guess that's where I had my advantage.

We first had to introduce ourselves, which was very awkward, because I suck at introducing myself. I could see from the corner of my eye Beth already struggling not to laugh. Which then made me laugh, followed by us having to do the whole introduction over again. This happened for about three times, until we could finally do it while maintaining a straight face.

After the introduction, we immediately dived into the questions. The first question was quite easy. "Who is the oldest in the squad?". We were both given our own sort of buzzer, so I immediately smashed my hand on the buzzer, but unfortunately Beth was just a tad faster and so she could answer the question. If she got it right, she'd get a point. If she'd get it wrong, I'd get a chance to say the correct answer.

But of course Beth knew the answer to this fairly easy question. "Jill." After she answered the question correctly, I let out a small sigh. Annoyance was already starting to show. I wouldn't say I'm extremely competitive, but if had the chance to win, I was going to win.

"Who is the youngest in the squad?" Easy. Me. This time I was much faster than Beth, because it seemed like she actually had to think about that for a while. "Me." I said, with a soft smile on my face. I heard Beth letting out a scoff of realisation, so I just gave her a smile and we moved on to the next question.

"Name 3 duo's that are best friends." I was, again, faster than Beth, though this time just a tad. "Tooney and Alessia, and Rachel and Millie," I started to say, confidently, but I just had no clue of what the last duo could be, "yeah, that's it. I don't know the other one." Beth started laughing at this and asked if she could say the other duo. "You and Lauren." She said, while laughing.

I mentally face palmed myself at this, but I didn't have much time to think it over, because we were fast to move on to the next question. "The score is now 3-2 to Stacy." The guy behind the camera said. We got a point per correct duo, so I instantly got two points for that. Hence the reason I'm winning at the moment.

"Who is the most naive person of the squad?" We both had to think about this for a moment, until Beth pushed her buzzer. "Lauren, I think." Fuck. Yeah, she's right. I should have known that one. Otherwise, I honestly wouldn't know who else it could be. "According to many of your other teammates that is correct! The score is now even again, 3-3. We'll do one deciding last question." I immediately adjusted how I was seated, so I could smash the buzzer faster. I really wanted to win this.

"Name the player! She plays in one of the top 4 finished teams of the WSL of last season. She went to a university outside of the UK. She usually plays in a red kit," he started to say, summing it up very slowly so we could have a bit of time to think, "And she was born in 1999." He added very quickly. Beth was much faster than me, because I was still in doubt between two players.

"Alessia, has to be." She said confidently. "That is actually wrong," the cameraman said, "Stacy?" he continued, telling me that I could give it a go. "Lotte?" I asked rather than saying it, because I really couldn't think of anyone else besides these two. "Correct! Congratulations, you've won!"

After, we quickly said goodbye and thanks for watching and we made our way outside. While we walked out of the media room, Beth was complaining about the last question the whole time. She was right, her answer would have been correct as well, but she just guessed wrong.

While we walked back to the cafeteria, seeing as it was lunch time, we talked about a lot of different things. I could tell she was waiting to ask something.

"Do you want to ask me something, or..." I said, stopping after the 'or', so she could fill it in herself. "Actually, yeah. Why did you even choose for England?"

A/N
- hello lovely readers! Hope you liked this one! I've got a lot planned, but I'm still building up to it!
- I also wanted to say that for me school is starting soon again, so the updates will be much much slower. Because I take school way too seriously :)
- hope you have a beautiful day and see you soon!

:)