Part 27

"What the hell?"

Just my luck again. I had, unfortunately, collided with Leah who was walking beside Sarina. I was completely speechless, waiting for one of them to call us out on our behaviour.

Though, surprisingly, Sarina actually seemed really amused by all of this. While Leah looked like she could explode at any moment, not showing even a glimpse of laughter on her face.

"What the hell are you doing?" Leah repeated, apparently also really expecting an answer. Her eyes kept switching between me and Lauren. "I-, she-, we were just-," Lauren started, obviously being just as uncomfortable as I was right now, "we wanted to be on time for breakfast." She eventually decided to say. Which, technically, wasn't even a lie. Because I did wake her up so we wouldn't be late for breakfast.

Leah's face only filled up more with confusion, while Sarina let out a slight chuckle. "Stacy, Lauren, go change yourselves and then quickly eat some breakfast. We will be leaving in 45 minutes." Sarina said, trying to stay serious but not being able to keep a bit of laughter from lacing her voice.

Lauren and I immediately made our way back to our shared room, bickering about the previous events that had occurred. We soon encountered a very confused Keira and Lucy who was laughing her ass off because of the state we were both in.

"Shut up." We simultaneously said, while quickly walking past them, hoping to forget that this had ever happened.

We soon joined our teammates who were already enjoying their breakfast. Lucy waved us over, to the table we were usually seated at. She immediately began making fun of us, because of the state we were in just a few moments ago.

We eventually decided to tell everyone at the table what exactly had happened, and they couldn't help but just laugh directly in our faces. We soon joined the laughter, just because we could also actually see the fun in the whole situation that had happened.

Only when the laughter had died down I realised that Leah had now suddenly taken a seat at the table. She was silently eating her breakfast, listening to the conversation that was going on, acting like it was the most normal thing in the world for her to sit here at our table. She never sat at this table. Well, at least not since I joined camp and standardly sat at this table.

"Hey." She said softly, turning her head in my direction to look at me. "Hi." I whispered back so softly it was just about hearable for her. She sat next to me, so surely she was the only one who could hear me right now.

There was a bit of a tense atmosphere created when Leah had sat down, just because everyone knows about the previous events that had found place between the two of us. It was like neither of us knew what to say, while the rest of the girls at the table acted like they were oblivious to the newly occurred tension. It was awkward, to say the least. Which is weird actually, since Leah seemed a lot more relaxed and comfortable when we were talking at the bar last night.

"Did ehm, did everything work out with the folders?" She asked, now focusing her eyes completely and solely on the food that was in front of her. I had never seen Leah like this before, it was like the beginning of last night. Like she wants to say something, but she isn't exactly sure what that is either.

"Yeah," I started, trying to catch her eyes by looking at her side profile, because she still wasn't looking at me, "it was fine." I said, leaving a slight pause before I continued. "Though, just like you said, it's not like I'll need it. I won't be playing anyway." I mumbled, but loud enough for her to hear.

Her head snapped upwards and I bet she almost got a whiplash from how fast, after hearing those words come out of my mouth, she turned to look me in my eyes. Her mouth was slightly agape, and her eyes pleaded for forgiveness.

"I didn't mean it that way." She whispered, just barely able for me to hear. How can she seem so helpless at one moment and so ruthless at the other. She just makes me want to stay away from her more and more by the minute. I'm scared she'd only cause me trouble if I were to be around her.

"You did say it, though." I said. Not in a rude way, just factual. Though, with a slight softness in my voice because I couldn't help myself.

"Yeah, I did."

A/N

- hii everyone! Very short update, because my wattpad app is not working. Does anyone have the same problem? Rn I'm using the app, but in all honesty, it's horrible! So if anyone knows how to fix this, PLEASE tell me!

- anyway, hope you still enjoyed this chapter and have a lovely day!

:)