Buttons

(POV:Reader)

-"Goodnight, Wybie!" I waved a goodbye as we entered the house.

-"You two enjoy the show?" the other father asked.

-"Mmm-hmm"

-"You both do like it here, don't you?" the other mother continued the small talk as she led us through the house to the dining room.

-"You could stay here forever if you wanted, you too Y/n"

-"Really?" Neil replied.

-"Sure! We'll sing and dance, play games and your mother will cook your favorite meals!" the other father added.

-"There's just a teensy thing we need to do" they tucked our chairs as we sat down, setting bow wrapped boxes in front of us.

I stared at the box, Neil was quick to open it, finding a needle, two buttons, and thread inside. I trembled in fear, assuming the worst that she'd want to sew buttons onto us. I tried shrugging it off but just remembered Wybie and his sewn mouth which frightened me even more.

-"Black is traditional," the other mother began.

-"But if you prefer pink, vermillion or chartreuse..."

-"Though you might make me jealous-"

-"No way!" Neil shoved the box away.

-"But we need a yes if you want to stay here" she moved the box close to him once more.

-"So sharp you won't feel a-...Ow!" the other father was cut off when the other mother kicked him under the table.

-"Well, it's your decision, darlings" she looked over to me, the eerie smile on her face seemed to be glaring at me.

-"Y/n and I are going to bed, right now!" Neil rushed to me, taking my hand.

-"Bed?"

-"Before dinner?"

-"Yeah I'm just so tired" Neil gave a fake yawn, helping me stand up and walking away from the other parents.

-"What about you, Y/n? You haven't said a word" she stared over at me once more.

-"I-I feel a bit sick, I'd like to go to bed too"

-"Well, of course darlings, Neil why don't you head to bed with your father"

-"I'm gonna make Y/n a cup of tea"

-"No I'm fi-"

-"I insist, you are sick after all" she took my hand, her grip was on tight as if she was afraid I'd run away.

-"Sit, darling" she let go of my hand, letting me sit on the table as she got a kettle to boil water.

-"I-I'm really fine"

-"No, I wouldn't want you to get worse" she handed me a teacup, one that looked strangely familiar. I hesitantly sipped on the tea, only taking a small amount. 

-"I-I'm not that thirsty" I pushed the teacup away but she pushed it forward.

-"We'll stay here all night if that's how long it takes you to finish the tea" she smiled at me, tapping her fingers against the counter. 

Afraid of what she'd do if I didn't finish it I took it all in one go. I set down the cup, and sat there for a bit staring at her confused look. I stood up and felt a bit dizzy, but I shrugged it off as maybe I stood up too quickly.

-"I...I don't feel so good" I tried to hand her the cup but it fell in the process. My legs were feeling like jelly and my head pounding and spinning in circles.

-"You look pale" she chuckled, picking up the pieces of the now shattered cup.

-"S-sorry I just, my h-head hurts" I clutched my head, trying to stand but couldn't as my body felt too weak to do anything.

-"W-what was i-in the tea?"

-"Not much just lemon and honey..." she mumbled something at the end but my head was pounding so much I couldn't concentrate.

-"I-" the dizziness continued until black blotches filled my vision, eventually turning it to all black.

(A/N):

Yay! It's finally Spooky Season! I hope you all liked the chapter! Sorry I couldn't update yesterday.

Bye!