Breakfast

(POV:Reader)

I unlocked the door and we both crawled through, it was still very dark and dusty. Halfway through we heard our names being called. The closer we got a silhouette of Mel was there, we rushed to her, happy to see her until we found out it wasn't her.

-"My, darling's, you came back" we both pulled away from the hug and Neil took my hand, pushing me behind him.

-"Where are my parents?"

-"Gosh, I have no idea where your old parents are..."

-"Perhaps they've grown bored of you and ran away to France" she smiled.

-"They didn't run away, you stole them"

-"Now don't be difficult, Cornelius, why don't you and Y/n have a seat" the other father walked in, he looked gross, not trying to be mean or anything. But he was plump and looked sick, his face was all stretched out and he mumbled gibberish.

-"Why don't you have your own key?" I asked, after watching her rat bring her a key. She had locked the door and swallowed it.

-"Only...one key..." the other father mumbled in song-like before being hushed by the other mother.

-"The garden squash needs tending, don't you think, pumpkin?" she pulled him out of the room.

-"Let's look for my parents while sh-" Neil was cut off by a small bell that rang.

-"Breakfast time!" the other mother called out.

We walked into the kitchen, sitting on the small table as the other mother hummed a melody. She continued her song-like humming as she cooked, the smell of bacon sizzling on the stove smelled delicious. It had me realize how hungry I was, but after that tea she gave me...no thanks.

The box with buttons was still on the table, except now there were two sets instead of one. She must have opened up my box and put them together. Neil gave me a look, then made signals which I understood none of. I stared blankly at him and he facepalmed, I held my laughter, seeing him frustrated like that always made me laugh.

-"Why don't we play a game?" Neil asked aloud, the other mother stopped her humming almost instantly.

-"I know you like them..." he added.

-"Everybody likes games" she corrected and continued to make breakfast.

-"What kind of game would it be?" she asked after a bit of silence.

-"An exploring game, a finding things game"

-"And what is it you two will be finding, hmm?" she tapped her nails against the counter, waiting for a response.

-"His parents" I told her.

-"Too easy" she said, sing-song-like.

-"And the eyes of the ghost children" I gave Neil a confused look, to which he mumbled 'explain later'.

-"What if you don't find them?" she walked over to us, setting mushroom and green pepper omelets on our plates along with some crispy bacon.

-"Then we'll stay here forever, with you" I offered, thinking it was fair enough, but was wrong as she continued her tapping on the counter.

-"And we'll let you sew buttons into our eyes" Neil finished off and her tapping stopped.

-"And if you two somehow win this game?"

-"Then you'll let everybody go, everyone you've trapped in here"

-"...fine, deal" she held a hand out.

-"Not until you give us a clue" Neil glared at her.

-"Oh, right"

-"In each of three wonders I've made just for you, a ghost eye is lost in plain sight"

-"And for my parents?" she tapped the counter again, giving a look.

-"Fine! Don't tell us" with that said the other mother left.

(A/N):

I hope you guys liked the chapter!

Please vote on the question I posted a few chapters ago, that way you'll get a Halloween story you'd like.

Bye!