If Mario was in Splatoon 3

In Inkopolis, Nintendo was busy making their next game with Mario, who shots an Inkling with a Splattershot.

Mario: Got him!

Miyamoto: Aaand cut! Great work SUPAH STAR!!! This new Mario x Splatoon crossover game is gonna be sooo good! Alright that's a wrap everyone! See you in 10 years for the next Mario game!

Everyone but Mario leaves. Mario was about to leave as well when he gets tackled by Meggy.

Meggy: Mario! I'm so glad to see you! We're here to save you and-

Mario: Sorry, who are you?

Meggy: ...What? Oh! It's me Meggy! I just turned back into an Inkling!

Mario: I'm sorry, I don't know anyone named Meggy. If you'll excuse me, I need to go save the princess from Bowser.

Meggy drops to her knees as Mario walks away.

Meggy: Wh-what...?

-----------------------------------

A few moments earlier, Meggy had signed the contract and transformed back into an Inkling.

Meggy: I'm... I'm my old Inkling self...

SMG4: How...how do you feel?

Meggy: I feel... I feel... AWESOME!!!! I'M A SQUID AGAIN! AAAHHHH I'VE MISSED IT SO MUCH!

SMG4: Great! Now you'll be considered a part of Nintendo and allowed through that giant firewall!

Meggy: Hell yeah! And now we can rescue Mario and the others... Wait, you need to change too, (Y/N) and SMG4!

SMG4: Right, but what the heck are we going to change into?

You: We don't have a Nintendo IP form.

Soon, you and SMG4 were at the Security Checkpoint posing as other Nintendo characters.

SMG4: C'mon it's me! Stanley the bug man!

You: And I'm a white Kirby that's needed for the next game. Uh, I mean, poyo.

Meggy: C'mon, let them in! Miyamoto wants us for his new Splatoon game!

Guard: Oh right! He's working on that. Yes, straight through.

You and SMG4 pass through the firewall.

-----------------------------------

Meggy steps in front of Mario, blocking his path.

Meggy: MARIO! You don't remember me?

Mario: Nope. Sorry, I'm not sure who you are.

He gets ran over and taken by SMG4 in an RV.

SMG4: MARIO!!!! DON'T TELL ME YOU FORGOT ME AND (Y/N) TOO!!!

Mario: Hey! Let me go, whoever you are! I've got a princess to save!

SMG4 begins to slap Mario repeatedly to try and jog his memory.

You: Perhaps we can make him remember if we show him some good and nostalgic memories?

SMG4 stops and begins to think before tossing Mario out.

Meggy: Hey! My name's Meggy. And I'm going to be the Splatfest champion. Would you like to help me train?

SMG4: It's for the new Mario and Splatoon crossover game.

-----------------------------------

Meggy at first tries to make Mario shoot at SMG4 but Mario declines and walks away.