An Unexpected Hero

"Five days in. Five days in what again now? Five days...oh yes, that's right! It's five days in December. Now...what does that mean? Why...is...today...special? It must mean..." Eugenie was laying on her back in her bed, her wavy brown hair a mess behind her. She was waking up and reminding herself what today was. "Oh yes, it's the day of the charity event," Eugenie answered herself with her brown eyes barely opened. Getting out of her bed in the British dorm room of her university, she was very excited for the day that was ahead of her. 

It was that time of the year when the university's rugby union team were running a Christmas charity event opened to the public. The public was to bring money to bid on the players. The more popular a player was, the more money they got bid on. Popularity was mainly based on their fame.  

Eugenie's boyfriend, Oliver Easton was in the rugby union team. Eugenie had plans. She had plans to bid him off so she requested some seven hundred quids from her parents and they had sent her exactly what she had requested. This was going to impress Oliver and make her look super good. But...there was only one problem. The problem was, it was against the rules for the players to accept bids from family members and their significant others. This is why Charlie had to come along to this charity event.  

Charlie and Eugenie were the Flounder sisters, "the American sisters" some of their British friends liked to call them. They both had dark brown eyes and same slender bodies. They had some differences though. Charlie Flounder was the oldest out of the two and a bit taller, with a shorter and cuter nose and not like her sister, who had freckles around her nose, she didn't. She had completely fair skin that complemented her bleached hair. Charlie was also the bravest and smartest out of the two. Eugenie always declared, "there's no need to be brave when you have a brave older sister always protecting you."  

Eugenie loved being Charlie's younger sister. She was the most girly out of the two and the least down to earth. She kept her straight hair dark brown. She also liked spending money and going tanning. She was always tanned because she hated looking pale like her sister and their parents. She thought looking pale was old school. "Tanning is in," she always said. 

The sisters came from a family that had some wealth. Not much, but enough wealth to pay full college expenses for every year for Eugenie who wasn't able to land any scholarships to the university since she was only an average C grade student and this university was expensive taking only the best. So, no any finical help there. Not like Charlie, the A grade student who got into the Dean's list and got all the scholarships she could ever need.  

Charlie had no idea that they were going to be involved in bidding. She suspected just another regular outing with Eugenie. It was going to be the very first time Charlie and Eugenie we're going to attend the charity together and Charlie was pretty much excited, just watching it and being apart of the crowd without standing out. 

When the sisters arrived at the event, they found it was held in the university's event venue the one that was closest to the pitch. The venue was big and airy, big enough to host all the public guests they were receiving. The walls were white and boring although the room was brightly lit and it had a beautiful shade of blue carpet.   

They made their way in through the crowd with matching red trench coats. Both of the sisters' hair were down bouncing behind them with melting snow flakes on their hair as they walked to their sits. Charlie took off her red matching winter hat and gloves to put them in her purse as she took her sit. That's when Eugenie faced her to tell her what they were really doing there. "I have come to this charity event with some money to bid on Oliver. But I'm not allowed to bid on him because I'm his girlfriend. So please Charlie, use this money to bid on him for me." She took an white envelope of money from her purse indicating for Charlie to take.