Chapter 10: Extinct

It was cold. That's all I felt inside the portal. Oh did I also mention that it was pitch black?

Something about this place seems so familiar... But what?

Suddenly I felt the portal trigger my memories...

----------------Memories-----------------

"Why can't I go back, mother??"

She turned to me, terror filled her eyes. "You must not! I cannot lose you, my dear..."

"But I have friends there!" I cried.

My mother wrapped her arms around me. I sobbed in her arms.

"Listen to me Elsa." She said sternly. "Your only eight and you don't understand... There is a great evil in that world. You must stay here where you are safe."

"What evil?"

She shooked her head and sighed. "Come on, time to sleep now." She kissed my forehead and walked towards the door out my bedroom.

"Mother?"  I called.

She turned around. "Yes dear?"

"Will I be able to go back again?" I asked hopefully.

She hesitated then smiled. "Soon my little Elsa, when the time comes... You will be the only one who can save them."

"Me?"

"Don't worry dear, you will have help. Even if..." She took a deep breath. "Even if I won't be able to be there for you, remember that your guardian will watch over you." And with that she walked out my room and closed the door.