Chapter 2: Queen Duties

"Finally!" Anna sighed. "I've been waiting forever!"I saw Anna sitting at the table with crossed arms and an empty plate.

I sat down next to her "Sorry, I was just a bit um... Distracted." I didn't want to tell her what Olaf said, that would make my sister ask more questions or freak her out.

"Well couldn't you get 'distracted' some other time? I've been waiting for over 5 minutes."

I looked down. "You could've eaten without me..." I mumbled.

"And leave you a small amount of food left? Uh yeah no. Anywya I'm hungry, let's eat!"

Before I could say something, Anna was already munching down a piece of eggs. I took a biscuit and some bacon and set them on my plate. Mmm... Nothing tastes better than homemade biscuits. I thought.

"Your highness!"

I turned around and saw Cassandra coming from the hall. I stood from my chair and walked towards her.

"Yes?" I asked.

"My lady." She bowed. "I have-"

"Cassandra please, just call me Elsa." I insisted.

"Of course My- I mean Elsa." She smiled.

"Thank you, so what is it you wanted to tell me?"

Cassandra pulled out 3 letters from the pocket of her dress. "These letters are from the duke of Greenlington, Southern Aile, and Shining Seas. They have requested to meet her at Arendelle to discuss important matters about the sea trade."

I scanned through the letters until I saw the letter from the Southern Aile. "Um, who sent this letter?"

Cassandra looked at it. "Oh its from the Prince. Prince Hans.

"Hans?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes, he was somehow released from prison after his little incident. Now hes back with his 12 brothers. Why? Is there something wrong Elsa?"

I blinked. "No no... Nothings wrong, thank you Cassandra, your excused."

Finally she bowed and walked away.

What is Hans up to? I thought. The last time he was at Arendelle he tried to kill me and Anna. I'm not gonna let that happen again...

"Who are the letters from?" Anna asked.

I jumped. "Anna you scared the frost bites out of me!"

"Oh I'm sorry." She pouted.

I giggled. "Its okay."

Anna brightened. "Anyway what's the story Olaf keeps telling me?"

I sighed. "I don't know. Probably its just Cassandra making up stories again. Besides I was all alone in my room. No one could of came in."

Anna just looked at me. "Hmm okay but she also said that whenever she would pass by your room she would hear you talking to someone. And as if that person was helping you control your powers..."

I thought about it for a while then shook my head. "Even if there was someone there... No I don't believe it. But if somehow its true, I just can't remember anything."

Anna looked a bit disappointed. "Fine but I'm going to get to the bottom of this." Without saying another word she turned around and walked out the door.

I sighed. How am I gonna convince Anna that none of it is true...? Or most importantly, how am I gonna convince myself? I pushed the thought away and went to respond to the other kingdom's letters. After that I went to organize the preparations for the next ball this Friday.

It was the end of the day and I was exhausted. I kept on going back and forth to the dining hall from my study. Even once in a while I would slip on my own ice... Or was it even mine? I still kept on thinking about what Anna had said. Talking to someone? But it never occurred to me that in my isolation have I ever been lonely. Well, maybe sometimes, but its like I always felt a presence next to me... Always keeping me company and making me feel better. Suddenly I felt a tug in my mind and I already knew the answer...

I was never alone...