Merely smiling and running his hand lightly through the hair that is way longer than he had originally expected, Zachary asks lightly and once again asks his question. "And why can't you use it?"

"I...." opening his mouth to talk despite not being sure what he could say, Terrence flinches back lightly as he gets abruptly cut off by a squeal on the side.

"Can I do your hair?! It is so long!!!" looking over with her eyes suddenly shining like gemstones, Vanessa asks before brightening up another level when the sweat-dropping brunet just lightly nods his head.

Now with two happy 'children' behind him playing around with his ponytail that had now been put down, long enough to reach the bed from his back, Terrence signs lightly before lightly handing the two the clip that had just got handed to him. "Do... as you like. I guess."

"Thank you, Renny!"

'Renny?' sweat dropping more at his nickname's nickname earns a nickname of its own, Terrence just signs lightly while ignoring the amused look resting on the blond's face and glancing over with a raised brow. "Yes?"

"Nothing." Closing his eyes before laying himself down on his own bed, Zachary just smiles before deciding to just doze off lightly in the peaceful moment where Vanessa is not trying to smother anyone with a pillow.

"Oh yeah, Renny. We'll introduce you to Amelia!" with his hands carefully placing the pin onto Terrence's hair, Sol says with a bright smile as Vanessa chimes in as well happily. "Mhm! I'm sure you two will get along great!"

"... I don't suppose why not." answering with a light shrug before blinking in surprise and letting on a small yet soft smile, Terrence turns back to the two with the smile remaining for once, more than a few seconds. "Thank you, you two. For the hairstyle."

"Glad you like it!"

"No problemo, my friend!"

"See, it fits you." Opening his eyes to smile up at the boy, Zachary's expression softens lightly as he eyes the smaller boy. Lightly raising a hand to run it through the hair still down, with the hairstyle being merely a thick braid across his head secured by the pin, Zachary hums lightly as Terrence just stares down after having frozen lightly. "... thank you."

"Now, off to bed, we go, you guys." Sitting up after giving the brunet a nod, Zachary lightly ruffles Sol's hair with a playful glare. Whining lightly but nodding nonetheless, Sol pulls Vanessa down onto their little bed on the ground as Zachary turns to turn off the lights. "Night night, Vanny, Zach, Renny!"

"Night!" Laying down and covering herself up, Vanessa flips around for a little bit before the light sound of snoring can already be heard in the room.

Sweat dropping lightly as the other two seem more than used to it, Terrence climbs off the bed as well before sitting with his back leaning against the bedframe, clothing his eyes. "Night."

"... are you not going to lie down?" Asking with a lightly raised brow, Zachary mentions to the bed placed beside Vanessa's in curiosity. Opening his eyes once more and lightly shaking his head, not bothering to take the pin out, Terrence answers with his voice lowered down at the sight of the sleeping Sol. "This will do. Gives... a better sense of safety than laying down."

"If you are sure...." Knowing he can't possibly convince the other, Zachary lightly smiles before tucking himself down in and clothing his eyes. "Night."

"... night."

The night is silent for the most part and if Terrence had learned one thing from this sleepover experience, is that Zachary does not have the best time sleeping. If his constant flipping around the bed restlessly was anything to go by. But once he does, it is so very hard to wake him up. After all, Vanessa had gone to the washroom while bumping over multiple things and falling down to the point that Terrence was starting to get the feeling that he might be dead when he hadn't come back from the bathroom in fifteen minutes. Thankfully though, she was very much still alive when she came crashing back onto the bed, falling asleep on sight.

Still awake since he really still has a lot on his mind, Terrence, after making sure that everyone is truly asleep, slowly takes his dagger out of his cloth and lightly runs a hand against the blade.

The fact that he couldn't kill Zachary back there bothered him.

It feels unnatural.

Peeking up the bed at the boy dead asleep on his bed, Terrence takes a deep breath before silently climbing up beside the sleeping boy with his eyes once again dying down to a dead shade of night sky blue.

His hand is already shaking. This isn't his first mission, for god sake! What the hell is going on with him?!

Just... get it over with.

Terrence tells himself as the dagger rises to the boy's neck.

No... he couldn't....

Terrence doesn't know why but he just couldn't. The other's peacefully asleep expression reflected on his deepened blue eyes that have slowly turned back into his usual shade of minty green, and as the memory of the boy in front of him flashes across his mind, Terrence's expression starts to reflect what he is feeling.

Struggle.

Conflicted.

Hesitant.

"Why can't I kill you?" Terrence whispers quietly as a hand brushes Zachary's bang out of his face.

The shaking and the heavy beating of his heart are almost violent now, to the point that Terrence is scared that he is going to wake the boy up from just that.

And then... something light and gentle brushes against his hand. Looking down before his blood almost runs cold when he sees the emerald eyes staring over at him sleepily, Terrence gulps lightly before braces himself for the incoming fight.

Yes, he did prepare himself. Mentally and physically, since he already does have a dagger in his hand. But nothing. Nothing in what he had taught. Had told him what to do when the blond, clearly half asleep, suddenly pulled him down into an embrace and fell right back asleep.

Staring up with his eyes wide and his body completely frozen in place, Terrence doesn't know what to do. His dagger is still by the other's neck. In fact, it had even given Zachary a light papercut when he had been pulled down. But his movement just got restricted even more as the warmth spread all around him inside the blanket that ended up pulled over him alongside the arm.

Taking a moment to calm down from his previous shock and frozen state, Terrence just lightly stares up at the sleepy expression of the other after failing to find a way out of the embrace.

Putting the dagger back into his cloth once more, Terrence looks to the side as sleep, surprisingly, starts to come for him alongside a kind of warmth different from the one he receives at home. A hug that feels more similar to that of Felicity's....

Even with the dagger now put away and his mind no longer racing with ways to get himself to finish the job, Terrence's heart remained restless.

Shit...

He is getting attached. Isn't he?

Before Terrence truly drifts off to sleep, though, he can swear that he saw someone looking at him from the door that Vanessa ended up leaving open once she had come back. But before he can go and investigate, sleep hits him harder than ever from the lack of it in the past few days and drifts off to sleep.

He can always check when he wakes up again.

Family? Found!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara