8: Friday Night Rave

Start from the beginning

"Avan! You came!" She exclaims and jumps up to hug me.

It feels so good to have her arms around my neck and my hands around her waist, just holding each other. This is the first time we are hugging and I don't want it to end. Sparks are probably flying right now but I can't see them because my eyes are closed, relishing this moment. Her shampoo and scent fills my nose before she pulls away, quite reluctantly if I may add. My hands linger on her waist as we stare into each other's eyes.

The guy who was sitting beside her clears his throat, drawing our attention. I put my hands down and scratch the back of my head.

"I'm sorry about that, I got carried away," I apologize sheepishly and she chuckles.

"It's fine."

I look her over; she is putting on a cool pink jacket over a white top, and a pair of jeans. We're literally wearing the same thing, except that her jacket is pink while mine is navy blue. She has always been a sucker for pink.

"Are you gonna leave my girl alone or what?" The half drunk guy asks me.

Your girl?

Wyndy chuckles. "Let's get out of here before he asks me out on a playdate," she says.

"Hey! Where are you going babe?" The guy calls after her but she ignores him.

I follow her to the bar where she gets comfortable on a stool and I sit on the stool beside her.

"Let's get a little high, shall we?" She says to me with a smile.

"I'm afraid I'm not getting drunk tonight," I tell her and she mouths an "oh".

"So you're playing the responsible brother?" She jests and I chuckle.

"I promised my parents."

"At least you're making an attempt to keep the promise." She turns to look at Austin who is now on the dance floor with Chris and some other people I don't know.

The guy who is acting as the bartender shows up behind the counter and I watch as Wyndy shouts her order to him and he shouts back that he is not allowed to serve anything other than beer. He makes it clear that noone is allowed to have any of the expensive wines or liquors as Chris' dad would kill him for it. She finally requests for two beers and passes one of the bottles to me.

"We're drinking so early into the party?" I raise a brow at her.

"Yeah, I need the vibe. This party already sucks to me, it's like every other party Chris and any other teenager has thrown. I just wanted to stay a little longer to see if it has something else in store before I finally decide to go."

I simply smile and pour my beer into a glass while Wyndy downs hers from the bottle. She eyes my half empty bottle and eventually grabs it, doing justice to it. "I could see you were not in the mood so I thought I should help you with it," she says.

I take a sip of my beer. I need to regulate my intake of it so I can be sober enough to drive when it's time for us to go home.

Now's your chance!, I hear a voice in my head say and I scoot closer to Wyndy.

"What is it?" She giggles.

Our closeness makes me dizzy and tongue tied. And despite this being the perfect chance for me to say what I have always wanted to say to her, I end up muttering, "I like your....uh....your jacket. Yeah! I like your um....jacket," I say and I can tell that she is very amused.

"Thank you."

"I also like your eyes, your beautiful hair, your lovely smile, your funny laugh, the way you walk, the way you talk.... I like everything about you," I say in a single breath but she doesn't react. She remains amused, tracing her fingers on the rim of her bottle.