18

You paced around the room, repeatedly glancing at the rustic paintings you'd hung on the walls. Fog roamed the stretch outside your window, cold chills arising goosebumps on your skin.

The clock struck 7 pm, the sky dimming in accordance, the faint moonlight peeking through the bundle of pearly white clouds. You were home alone hence the eery silence suspended in the air, the perfect opportunity to summon heeseung.

You calmed your erratic heartbeats, settling on your mattress, closing your eyes, and sucking in a breath. You then thought of the raven-haired demon seated beside you.

Unbeknownst to you, heeseung sat next to you as you thought, yet you didn't realize. You furrowed your eyebrows, confused as to why the boy wasn't present.

He grinned at the sight of you in bewilderment, setting his palm on the blade of your shoulder, earning a jolt from you, scrambling away from him, eyes cast open with fright, placing a hand to your chest above your heart.

You blink rapidly, gapping blankly at the boy who sported a smile, waving a hi, "what— when did you get here," you ask, staring at the boy with rounded orbs gazing right into his, "i was here the moment you thought I was, you just didn't realize," he spoke, shrugging his shoulders.

"oh," you spoke, learning that you were too lost to recognize the boy's distinct scent. "before you began about the deal," he paused, fiddling with his fingers, soon meeting your gaze, "can I explain myself?" he put forward as you nodded, allowing him.

If it were anyone but the demon you'd become fond of and even grew feelings for, you wouldn't have let them explain, wanting nothing to do with them, but your bias was evident when it came to him.

"now, where do I start,"

"from the beginning," you confirm, crossing your legs, sitting in a crisscrossed position, heeding all your concentration onto him.

"the day of your birthday, I was with the boys; I'm sure you know most of them by now, having seen them on many occasions," He directs, waiting for your answer, to which you quip, "yeah, I've seen most, and especially sunghoon," you mention the boy's name in distaste.

Picking up on the distaste, he chuckles, "sunghoon then brought up how I've not taken up a client in quite some time, then one leads to another, and he proposed that I should have you as my client. I agreed and showed up in your room while you were stuck out your window," he recollected, laughing at the memory.

You were embarrassed upon recalling, hurrying him to move on from his remembrance and continue. He soon stopped giggling, shifting closer to you, bending to your eye level as his arms supported him from the mattress.

"the more I hung out with you, the more I thought of you, wanting to spend my time with you," he confessed, reaching for your hand, intertwining it with his.

"but when you first proposed your idea of what you wanted as the deal, I realized that you were out of my reach. sunghoon caught on, and he told me to cut my ties with you which led us to fight," he paused to observe your expression, and upon seeing it was of curiosity, he continued.

"so on the day you stayed over, he saw this as a way to end things himself," he voiced, sighing at the thought, and you grimaced, "he had his reasons, not wanting to lose his brother. sunghoon did what he thought was right, so don't hate him too much," he conveyed, a subtle chuckle spilling past his lips.

"sunghoon did apologize to me and wanted me to relay it to you too,"

"i don't hate him as before since his reason was justifiable. I wouldn't want to lose you either," you concluded, beaming at him, that he returned.

"y/n, I do like you, though I can't be with you because of the rules of hell," he said, his front faltering, drawing you into an embrace, running a hand down your back soothingly. You pulled out of the embrace instead, placing a hand on his cheek, smiling, "but what if I told you I found a way around it,"

He smiled at your attempt, "there's no way around it y/n—"

"my deal is that you don't get expelled from hell," you completed, pausing for him to process your words. He met your pupils, holding your hand as he rejoiced, "that isn't stated in the rule book— you're a genius!"

His smile shifts to a pout, "but why would you use this once-in-a-lifetime deal on me," he said, his hand coming to pat your head, "most people wish for money or other materialist items, so why choose me,"

"because I like you too," you state, watching as visible panic and shock washes over him. You smile and hold his shoulder, pulling him in for a kiss. He softened into you immediately, feeling him smile against your lips.

He placed a hand on the back of your neck, pressing your lips harder against his. You ran your hands through his soft hair, tilting your neck to deepen the kiss. You pulled away, laughing from the sudden rush of happiness and butterflies invading your stomach, laying back on the bed.

He joined you, replicating your movements, moving to lay on his back as well. He draped his arm on your torso, snuggling closer, pressing a kiss to the side of your head, making you giggle at the ticklish action.

You whipped your head to him, "since you're my boyfriend, can I see your demon horns," you asked as your eyes lit up, wanting to see his horns. He covered his face with his hand, "do you really want to see them?" he inquired, dreading the moment you nodded eagerly.

"I usually hide them, but I'll allow you to see them once," he sighed, unveiling the horns on top of his head. You looked in fascination at the red horns that weren't large as most depicted, "they're cute, surprisingly," you stated, continuing to play with them.

You set your head atop his chest as it rose and fell, now accommodating your head above it. The silence was comfortable, "lucy will be infuriated, won't he," you say, snickering, "i think he'll be more infuriated when he finds out that everyone has been calling him lucy,"