16

Sunghoon paced everywhere in his room after heeseung returned distraught, telling the boy to leave him alone, slamming the door on him. He indeed felt despair for the two, but it was for the best. He had his reasons. He'd been in his position; he'd been in love.

He didn't want to lose his brother, have him expelled from hell for who knows how long, all over a half-blood. It had to stop before anything commenced, mentally facepalming for even proposing the bet.

Maybe there were other ways than the one resorted to, but heeseung's stubborn. Stubborn in love. He wondered if you both were alright, hoping so. Sunghoon knew it wasn't right, but someone had to play the villain.

You laid motionless on your bed as water streamed down your eyes as you had for the past 2 hours. Your phone buzzed dozens of times, yet you couldn't bother to pick it up nor silence it.

You just laid there, aimlessly, wondering why you cared whether he lied or not, whether he meant his actions or words. You knew one thing, though. That you didn't want anything to do with na jaemin but everything to do with lee heeseung.

In all honesty, he was never the matter at hand. Heeseung, the demon boy who lied to you, was. Maybe you grew attached. Perhaps, you felt something more than friendship. Were you even friends? It ached.

It wasn't any different for him. He hadn't stepped out of his room in hours nor made a noise from inside. His brothers knocked on his door, trying to check up on him, yet no one responded. They wondered if he even were in the room, too scared to open it for themselves to see.

Until Sunghoon finally came outside to see the dilemma jake and jay were stuck in. Upon hearing their reasoning, he took matters into his own hands, kicking the door open and witnessing an almost lifeless figure laid on the mattress. It was heeseung.

"get out,"

"you haven't been out of your room in hours. what are you doing,"

"that doesn't concern you, get the fuck out of my room," he fumed.

It had been days since you last saw the demon boy. It stung, knowing you'd become a subject for his toying, pushing any signs of liking him to the side, trying to grow resentment for him.

You wished that he meant everything he said and did, though it was nearly impossible seeing he didn't try to make amends with you, practically disappearing as you ordered him. Or he was respecting your desire for him to "kindly, fuck off." and so, he did.

Then why do you miss him? You summoned him almost every day, spending most of your time with him, naturally growing closer, getting attached. You thought back to when he'd taken you out for the day, making you laugh as you both walked along the sidewalk.

The wall beside you was cracked open, flowers blooming through them. You stared at the sight in awe, heeseung having caught you admiring it. "look," he said, gaining your attention, swirling his hand as a bright flame in the shape of a flower materialized in his hand.

You gasped at it, gapping in astonishment, advancing to touch it, but he clasped his hand shut, the flames vanishing. You frowned, a frustrated whine leaving you, causing the boy to snicker while patting you.

Your frown turned to a smile as you ran further to seemingly nowhere, driving him to follow forth not to lose view of you. You remember having so much fun that day, laughing like little kids, loving the adrenaline you felt when you were with him.

Maybe you should've let him explain.

You sigh as yoon drags you into the party, introducing you to some of her friends while you return the favor by introducing yourself. You did not want to be here.

Ryujin, the one hosting the party, approached you. "happy birthday!" you exclaim over the booming music. She smiled, replying, "yoon did mention you sulking over some boy, forget about him for the night, and join me for a dance,"

And so you found your way to the dance floor along with ryujin, who was surprisingly fun to be around, dancing to the music, driving you to do the same. It was probably the most fun you'd had since you told the demon to fuck off.

Ryujin beamed at your now uplifted shape, telling you she'd be back in after greeting some more guests, which you agreed to, stepping off the dance floor in need of refreshment.

You reach for the water bottle, breaking the seal on the cap, gulping down some water. You wipe off any excess that could remain around your mouth, setting the bottle down and heaving a few breaths.

From the corner of your eye, you see a tall man with his long black hair hanging over his orbs messily, flashing a charming smile that his eye smile completed, laughing at something his friend said. You continue to check him out, eyes scrutinizing his every move.

He styled a gold flower patterned black shirt, the top two buttons left unattended, exposing his collarbones. The leather jacket he adorned shined under the gleaming lights, casually paired with black ripped jeans. You were practically goggling, yet you couldn't help yourself.

He felt a pair of eyes on him, turning his head to you across the room, meeting your gaze. He sent you a lopsided grin which you most definitely returned, conveying something to his group of friends, leaving them and walking over to you.

You'd be lying if you said that gaze didn't make you nervous. "hey, sorry to bother," the man starts, leaning onto the table, glancing up at you with a glint of mischievousness.

You stretch an amusing smile waiting for him to continue. "i lost my number. could I have yours?" he concludes, fighting the urge to laugh at his line, failing and bursts out chortling.

You snicker at the failed attempt of a pickup line, "sorry, I have a strict to-do list, and you're not on it," you reply, faking a sad expression, jutting your bottom lip out, feigning sadness.

"i could make my way on it after a dance, love," he states slyly, offering his hand for a dance. You gladly accept his invitation, having no reason to turn down the opportunity from the handsome man.

He treads to the dance floor once more. Random club noise blaring from the speakers while you catch ryujin grin and wink your way, seeming excited that you were dancing with someone. "Your name?" you inquire, peering at him.

"minghao," he voices, dancing with you, surprisingly, very good at it, "but you can call me yours." You'd heard of the boy, being popular among many for his good looks and talent in singing, dancing, and flirting.