15

The two asleep figures were entangled together. Soft breaths left them as their chest rose and fell. A phone rang violently, coercing the boy to jolt awake, eyes ripping open, gaining composure. He squints his eyes, advancing for the phone.

He was cautious not to wake you while you cuddled him. The demon sat up, slanting against the headboard, an arm wrapping about you while he communicated quietly into the gadget.

"alright," he replied, cutting the call, inching back down to lay on his back, his free arm placing the phone on the side table. He progressed to envelop you in an embrace while you snuggled closer, your sleep-filled voice speaking, "are you awake?" sounding drowsy.

You wiggled yourself up, dropping onto his arm that held you in his embrace, "yeah, I got a call," he conveyed, eyes shutting as he buried his head in the crook of your neck, sighing in the tender moment, spiking chills down your spine. The coziness almost lulls you back to sleep.

"heeseung!" A shout resonated from outside his room, the door bursting open, eyes perceiving the scene before him, jaw craned open in surprise. You were the last person he expected to nestle against his technical brother.

The demon beside you grumbled, "what," he huffed, moving out of his comfortable position. Sunghoon appearing behind the baffled boy that initially called for heeseung was none other than jay. Sunghoon analyzed the situation as you sat up, sighing, eliciting a scoff from sunghoon.

"he's toying with you," sunghoon spoke, directing the statement towards you, side-eyeing the boy that sat about you. You stared disoriented while heeseung shot to his feet, depicting his outrage at what sunghoon said moments before. Yet he dared to continue with a sour face, "the bet was to avail a deal with you, not fool around with her," he completed, scoffing.

Heeseung's infuriated stature shoved sunghoon to the wall, turning back to your hurt and perplexed front and back to the blond boy, "stop spewing bullshit," he warned, balling the other boy's shirt. You and jay stood, witnessing it all, mouth agape.

You processed sunghoons remarks, looking down to the mattress, clenching your hand into a fist. You were confused, angry, sad, though one thing was clear, you were lied to,

"you lied too," you sneered through your words, tears bitterly pricking your eyes. Heeseung halted when you spoke, knowing he'd hurt you, lowering his glare with sunghoon, fronting you instead, "no, let me explain-" you launched a pillow at him, the power hurling him to the wall.

You faltered at his pained groan, shocked at your strength, glimpsing at your hands, realizing it was your demon side, your anger fueling it further. Everyone watched as you struggled to repress your scarlet-colored devil counterpart.

"y/n," the crouched demon voiced, a hand placed at his abdomen, coughing slightly from the hit earlier. He got on his feet, then reached for you, though you flinched at the sudden contact, lashing out at him again. "stay away!" you exclaimed, backing away.

You blinked rapidly, attempting to dismiss the demonic spirit that took over. Heeseung softened at your form, "stop trying to fight it," he spoke softly, shaking his head and soughing at the mess he'd created. He should've told you from the start.

You quieted down, breathing in and out, regaining the calmness you held, tears threatening to escape. You stilled your shaky voice, wanting nothing but to go home and be in the confines of your room and cry a river. "just take me home, please,"

The raven-haired demon gazed at your disheartening shape, considering you'd want space, away from him though he desired to explain. You had a valid reason to resent him. He had officially fucked up.

He opened his portal without a peep, gesturing you to go inside, following you inside your room. "i owe you an explanation—" he started, and you'd already had enough, your stout expression shutting him up as you motioned him to leave. "heeseung, kindly," you paused, sighing, "fuck off."