...CHAPTER 30...

Destroyed

Destroyed.

Mikey destroyed everything.

His furniture, his windows, décor, all of it.

The noise had been loud enough for Emma to hear from the main house, and through her worried panic, she rushed out to his room. She found him sitting on the floor, a mess surrounding him and bloody hands sitting in his lap. Panic jolted through her as she saw her brother in a state she had never witnessed before.

He didn't say a word. Not a single emotion was written nor detected on his face, and that was even more terrifying not knowing what was going through his head.

Draken sat in the corner of the room, his head in his hands as the occasional sniffle came from him every now and then and she felt her heart begin to race even more.

Something was not right, something was horribly, horribly wrong.

"Mikey? Draken?" Her soft voice had the Ryuguji boy lifting his head to look at her, though Mikey remained still, as if he were in his own world, as if no one else existed around him.

"Emma." Draken whispered, but that was all he could manage. No words followed, all he could do was drop his head back into his hands.

Emma looked to Mikey before rushing back to the main house. She grabbed the first aid kit before rushing back to her brother's room. She collapsed to the floor next to him and began dressing his wounds. He didn't move a muscle, simply let her do as she wanted. He was completely unresponsive.

After what felt like hours of the three of them sitting in silence, Draken slowly rose to his feet. He had managed to calm down a bit now, but he felt like if he were to open his mouth to try and speak, he might just cry again. Emma seemed to detect this, because she didn't say another word, instead she stood up and moved over to give him a hug.

He breathed deep, relishing the fact he had Emma, that he got to tell her every day that he loved her and that's exactly what he would do, that's exactly what he did.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear, his voice shaky as he buried his head into her neck, a few more tears slipping from his dark eyes which made Emma hold on to him a little tighter.

"I love you too." She whispered back. She wasn't sure why he decided to say that just now, but she knew he needed to hear it.

After a few moments, Draken stood tall, silently asking Emma to leave before moving to stand in front of Mikey.

He didn't say a word, but instead crouched down extending his hand to the Sano boy. In it lay the envelope Kozue had left him, but Mikey didn't seem to notice. He set it down in front of the broken boy before leaving the room and leaving Mikey the time he needed to process.

He would be just outside with Emma, and he would also have to explain to her what had happened, something he dreaded doing. He knew the two were close, and he knew she would handle it no better than they had.