...CHAPTER 26...

"They're from the States

"They're from the States."

Mikeys brows furrowed in confusion as he thought over Kozue's words. Before he could even begin to comprehend why a gang from the States would come to Japan, Kozue stormed off.

"Wait, where are you going?" He called after the raven haired girl, but she didn't dare to slow her pace.

"To get information." Kozue stated, and Mikey's eyes widen at her words which made him panic.

"Absolutely not! Not on your own!" He told her, but it was clear she wasn't listening to what he was saying. It's like she had become someone else, someone led by hate and rage.

"I'll be fine." She told him, and Mikey picked up his pace, finally catching her elbow tightly before latching onto both her arms as he turned her around abruptly.

"Hey, what's gotten into you?" He furrowed his brows holding her in place, noting the dark look which made her usual steel grey eyes look like a raging storm. It made him worry. "Why are you so intent on this?"

"Just let me go and handle it." Her eyes became desperate, pleading him to let her go.

She was scared, something he hated seeing. If she was scared that was all the more reason for him to be by her side.

"No, not until you tell me why they've got you so worked up. Why would a gang be here from the States?" His eyes bored into hers, their faces getting closer, his warmth surrounding her. He cupped her chin, his thumb grazing over her lip briefly and she felt herself melting into the Sano boy. His lips were so close she thought that they might meet hers, and in that moment, she wanted him to kiss her. She wanted him to chase away her fears, her pain all of it. But at the same time, she didn't want him too.

"Kou-chin~" He pleaded, and she rested her forehead to his as she took a deep breath, her eyes squeezing shut. His warmth and security was a blanket around her, it always was, but she didn't want to feel that right now. She didn't want to feel everything was going to be okay because she knew it wasn't.

"Commander!" Someone called out to him, and he turned irritated. Now was not the time to be interrupting him.

"What is it?" He asked, and that was all it took. Using that tiny distraction, Kozue pulled herself from Mikey's grasp, slipping into the shadows and his eyes widened as he realised, he no longer held her.

"Kou-chin!" Mikey panicked, his eyes darting in every direction, but she was gone. He felt anxiety rising in his chest so rapidly he thought he might pass out from it.

'Fuck!'

~*~

Kozue knew that eyes were on her, she had felt it ever since she came back from the States. She made her way to a discreet location, knowing that wherever she went, they would follow. It wasn't a matter of her going to them, they would come to her.