...CHAPTER 06...

Kozue had run into a bit of a kerfuffle with some guys who were all in matching jackets

Kozue had run into a bit of a kerfuffle with some guys who were all in matching jackets. They were Toman members, though she didn't know that, nor did she know that they were a gang.

All that mattered was the fact that they were beating up little kids, like very little kids all because one of them accidentally knocked one of their bikes over after being startled by a large dog.

The steel eyed girl stood over the large now beaten boys while the smaller kids she had rescued huddled a distance behind her, watching in awe while also trying to calm down their friend who was still in tears after being hit by the grown up bullies.

"Ah you're here Mikey! Draken!" One of the boys called in relief, and the blonde boy's brows furrowed as he tried to deduce the situation.

'What the heck is Kou-chin doing here?'

They had called him earlier after she first began to beat them, and it didn't take him and Draken long to get there as they were already nearby.

"What the hell happened here?" Mikey asked as he looked between his injured friends on the ground and the little kids who were huddled together in fear. His eyes eventually landed on Kozue, who was the real person his question was targeted at.

"Ask your friends." She said about to make her way over to the kids to check if they were okay, but Mikey stopped her, his eyes burning as he glared at her warningly.

"I'm not asking them, I'm asking you. What did you do?" He asked angrily and she flinched slightly as she clenched her fists, trying her best to remain stoic.

"Are you accusing me of something?" She asked with a haunting aura and Mikey frowned shaking his head.

"No I... I'm just asking a question. What did you do?"

"What did I do? Its these assholes you should be asking that." She said causing Mikey's jaw to tick.

"Those 'assholes' are my friends you're insulting. I won't let you get away with insulting them, or by beating them up for no good reason." He fired back and she tightened her jaw as a mixture of calm and rage washed over her at once.

'So much for not accusing me.' I mean yeah, of course she did beat them up, but still.

"No good reason? So you protect your friends even when they commit atrocities like beating up children half their age just because of an accident? You think that's not a good reason?" She asked catching him off guard, and the way his 'friends' flinched made him turn his sharp gaze to them.

"Is it true?" He asked. The three boys looked at each other before looking back to Mikey. They could also feel Kozue's intense gaze on them and that was enough to force the truth out.

They nodded stiffly and Mikey then turned to the kids.

"I- it's true. T- the pretty g-girl saved us Mister!" One of them shouted and Mikey looked back to his members with disappointment. Hurting kids was strictly against Toman's policy.