...CHAPTER 01...

Mikey sat with his head in his hands, struggling to keep his eyes open

Mikey sat with his head in his hands, struggling to keep his eyes open. He was much more tired than usual and had been having some restless nights.

Over the past few months, no, years, he had been feeling more alone than ever. It was a type of feeling he couldn't quite explain. Because it wasn't as if he had no one, it wasn't as if he never had anyone around him because he did.

It was like he was missing something, something he didn't know he was.

"Dude, you okay?" He heard from behind him. Flinching, he turned to see his bestfriend with a worried look on his face. He smiled brightly, falsely as he had grown used to before holding up an 'okay' sigh and returning back to his same position.

Draken shrugged before turning back to the front, pen in hand as he attempted to take notes from the boring ass class that was currently taking place.

Mikey's face fell as his gaze dropped to his empty paper. He had gotten so good at lying that not even his friends could tell what was true and untrue anymore. It seemed that no one knew the real him anymore which was just another aspect that made him feel even more alone.

Of course, it wasn't their fault, he didn't blame anyone, it was just how he had become. He had begun to shut others off, and he feared it would only get worse.

He didn't want it to get worse.

He held a hand to his chest, clutching the spot where his heart was.

He was sick of feeling this way, sick of not knowing why and sick of not having a solution. All he could do was pray that it would go away soon.

Or perhaps that someone would save him.

~*~

It didn't take long for Kozue to fall asleep with her headphones on due to the boring droning of her class. The teacher took notice, however it was only her first day so she chose not to scold her too much.

Kozue wasn't one for academics, in fact she was like her father in the respect that she hated it. It required an area of brain power she didn't like to use, and it always made her sleepy. She only ever did the bare minimum, enough to maintain a passing grade and that was for her mother's sake.

The bell rung and most of the students had already cleared out for lunch, however a blonde haired classmate was late in packing up her things.

"You guys can go, I'm going with my brother and boyfriend today." She chimed happily to her friends who gave her a small wave before leaving.

She looked around the class noticing the new girl sleeping at her desk, resting against the window and she smile to herself. She knew what it was like to start in a new place with no friends and she wanted to make her feel more comfortable.

As she stood contemplating on what to do next, she was interrupted when she heard a group of loudmouth boys walk by and annoyingly, they turned to come into the classroom.