...CHAPTER 15...

~ FLASHBACK ~

~ FLASHBACK ~

Kozue had always been a 'daddy's girl'.

Since she could walk, she wanted to be like her father, mimicking him whenever he trained, and she always knew she wanted to do exactly as he did. He trained her to fight in various techniques and styles and she was a quick learner just as he was.

She truly was a tinier version of him.

The two were very close. She trained for years because she loved it. She loved it because it was also her father's love.

Her mother tried to get her into girly thing's but she was never interested.

As years passed, her ambitions grew along with her mentality and she knew she wanted to compete as her father did and become an impressive fighter.

She wanted to be at the top just as her father was.

She had always been a bit of a hot head and would often get into fights anyway, especially if people mocked the ones she was close to. Her father often scolded her for jumping into unnecessary fights, but she just couldn't help it.

She would always remark about how he always fought others too which he found cheeky and amusing.

"But that's different." He would point out "Its my job, besides I'm an adult, and you're a child."

"Well that's a poor excuse." She would pout back, her adorable little cheeks puffing out and he would laugh as he pinched them. "It will be my job one day too."

When she was 15 nearing 16, Her father had finally allowed her to go with him to one of his live fights, which of course he won with ease.

Afterwards, Kozue was busy praising her father excitedly when they were approached by the manager of his opponent who wasn't too happy about the loss. He had just lost the title from that fight.

After all, she was always used to winning.

The duo were coming home when they were jumped by a group of guys, one of them the former champion who had just been beaten by Grayson.

Her dad took them down easily, landing brutal blow after brutal blow. He tried to push Kozue behind him before the fight begun, however of course, they went after her regardless.

'Bastards! Have they no shame?'

Her startled yelp distracted him momentarily, and they were able to restrain him. The small dark haired girl did her best to fight off the guy due to her skill, but taking on many adults who were trained and experienced wasn't something her small self could manage just yet.