...CHAPTER 08...

Kozue had been working in Mizushima Café alone while her mother left earlier to run an errand

Kozue had been working in Mizushima Café alone while her mother left earlier to run an errand. It had been fairly quiet today which was a nice change.

But of course, that wasn't going to last long.

The jingle of the doorbell alerted the steel eyed girl to a customer, but when she looked up, her body tensed.

"What the hell are you two doing here?" She immediately felt herself shift into defensive mode, startling the two brothers as they held up their hands defensively.

"Relax beautiful! We aren't here to fight or anything." The elder of the two said with a cheeky smile.

"Then why are you here?" She asked walking towards them, backing them out of the shop.

"Well, we're actually here to give our respect." He started and the steel eyed girl flinched before looking to the younger brother. "You bested us fairly, and although we aren't known for fairness, we wanted to show you that we hold you to high honour, just as we hold your father highly. You didn't disappoint."

She nods at them suspiciously, wondering if it were some type of trap or something.

"You guys were also fun to fight, I guess. I haven't fought someone tough like you two in a long time." She said surprising the two.

"You know, you're really beautiful Kingston." Ran said randomly, and she flinched looking at him confused.

"Ghee thanks, I guess?" She looked around awkwardly.

A silence passed over them for a moment, before the brothers burst out into laughter like the maniacs they were.

"You don't know how to take a compliment, do you?" He asked amused and she furrowed her brows.

"Well, I don't exactly get them often."

"Well from now on, I'm going to compliment you everyday!"

"That seems excessive." Her and Rindou said at the same time and Ran looked at the two amused.

"Well, she's beautiful, so she deserves to be told that. It's terrible to think people out there don't tell her such things." He said looking back to her. "Don't your friends give you compliments?"

"Don't have any."

Ran almost choked on air while Rindou rolled his eyes at his brother.

"Well if you ever need one, or anything else for that matter, or even just want to hang out some time, let us know." He said giving her a small piece of paper that had his number on it, his name and a heart. He sends her a wink which she simply returned with her usual stoic look and a nod, before she shoved it into her pocket.

"Alright, bye." She said waving to them, and they waved back before she went back into the store.

~*~