...CHAPTER 18...

Mikey and Kozue made their way back to the latter's place after the little incident in the alley

They were already on their way to her place anyway and were positively freezing due to the rain spontaneously starting up again. She told the Sano boy to stay, have a shower and get warm, at least until the storm died off. Of course, he didn't complain and accepted her invitation in an instant.

While Kozue was in the shower, Mikey couldn't help but look around the steel eyed girl's room. It didn't exactly feel like a teenage girl's room, not in comparison to Emma's anyway. And while there wasn't much hung up on the walls, it still felt like a dream to be in Kozue's space.

He gaze landed on a familiar album, the one he had found in her bag the day he and Emma found her. He didn't have the opportunity to look at it then, so he sat down on her bed and opened it up without hesitation.

'I need to see how adorable she was as a kid!'

He smiled at the many photos of Kozue as a child, she was so. goddamn adorable! He knew for sure he would've fallen head over heels and doted on her as a kid, not like he wasn't already anyway.

He assumed the man who was in most of the photos with her was her father, the steel grey eyes were unmistakable. She looked so happy, so bright... he never would've thought she could make a face like that.

He chuckled a little when he came across a photo of her mimicking her father as he tensed his bicep, and below it was neatly written "my little show-offs". He assumed her mother must've written. After all, he had seen Kozue's handwriting and it resembled that of a five year olds.

There was another of her winning her first fight, and written at the bottom of the page was "Kozue's first fight, first win!". The handwriting was messier this time and he guessed it was her fathers.

He could look at these photos forever.

"What are you doing?" A voice startled the blonde boy, and his eyes darted from the book to Kozue's worried face in an instant.

She didn't look happy.

"I was just-"

She crossed the room quickly before she took the book from his hands and sat on the bed quietly. He studied her carefully before he decided to shuffle closer to her.

"Kou-chin, I just want to learn more about you." He told her softly, his hand resting atop hers which still held the book and she sighed, her shoulders relaxing as she moved the book back into his hands hesitantly which surprised him. He had gotten away with small touches a lot more lately, almost as if she had grown used to them and he liked that.

"I'm sorry, I'm just..."

"Used to being so defensive?" He asked, an amused smile tugging at his lips. She rolled her eyes, opting to fall back onto her bed. She was never this calm or vulnerable with anyone, but Mikey had gained her trust and made her open up carefully over time, like a blooming flower.