...CHAPTER 27...

Mikey had been in a strong debate with himself for a while now

"I won't join them but only if you listen to me and stay away from them. It's never been more important for you to listen to me right now and to not fight them no matter what. I just need some time to figure out what to do."

Her words continued to ring in his head on the daily. He had promised her he wouldn't, but he couldn't just stand by, not when he had seen how terrified she looked. He wanted to handle this for her, to make her problems disappear. Mikey wanted to make her feel safe again.

"Mikey, no. I don't think that's a good idea." His best friend and vice-captain told him, but the Sano boy was stubborn, he was set in his idea.

"You didn't see her Ken-chin. She's terrified of them." Mikey tried to reason, and the taller boy almost scoffed.

"And rightfully so. We should be too." Draken exasperated. They had every right to be terrified of them, they were in an entirely different league. Toman wasn't some criminal organisation, they were delinquents.

"She's been through a lot, and she does everything herself. Its time someone else does something for her." The boy stated his point strongly, and Draken signed knowing there was going to be no winning. He made a fair point, but that didn't mean Draken didn't know the dangers, the ones Mikey wasn't even bothering to look at.

"I know that Mikey, I'm not saying we shouldn't do anything. All I'm saying is that we should listen to Kozue, we should wait." He advised.

"But I want to show her that it's okay to lean on others."

"But that's not what you're doing, you're trying to handle the problem for her, not to mention going behind her back." He said causing Mikey to stiffen at his words. Going behind her back was the last thing he wanted. But he had no way of knowing that Kozue was going to stick to her word. What if she tried to handle it herself? What if she was killed?

She was too unpredictable at this point, and he wasn't willing to risk her life to find out.

"It's going ahead Ken-chin, with or without your help." He said turning to the taller male who signed ruffling Mikeys hair.

"You sure are a pain in the ass you know that?"

~*~

Kozue was on her way to the Sano residence with a present in hand.

After their heavy talk the other day, she had made him a massive batch of dorayaki as a token of her gratitude. Not only that, but she was planning to tell him how she felt, truly felt about him.

She knew the timing was terrible, but after everything they've been through, she couldn't wait any longer. She needed to be with him, and at least hoped he wanted the same. She had never felt a love like this before, a love so strong it took over everything in her mind.