29. Ships

'And it's not just thieves, My Lord. There's wolves in them hills now, more than I've ever seen. They come down in the night and they kill my sheep.' Bran was the lord of winterfell which meant hearing the requests and pleas of his people while robb was fighting. Rickon was not happy he was smacking a large rock into walnuts.

'Sweetie," Nova whispered pulling Rickon to her. "Hush love you are giving Bran a headache." She mused seeing brans pinched face. He smiled over at her.

'My three sons are away fighting for your brother, My Lord. They'll fight, keep fighting till they're told to go home. I have no one to man my flock now. Only me. I can't keep watch all day and all night.'

'We can send two orphan boys from Winterstown home with you to help watch over your flock if you can give them room and board.' Bran suggested, Nova looked over at him so proud, he was doing a good job being Lord of Winterfell. After the news of everything, Nova missed Robb and Theon more than ever. She worried for Sansa and Arya but she knew Robb and Theon were going to get justice. In the meantime Bran was trying his best and Nova was so proud of him, he was a kind boy and he would make a great leader one day.

'My wife always prayed for more children. We'll look after them. Thank you, My Lord. And may the Gods bless you and yours.' He said walking off happily

'Stop it.' Bran demanded rickon. 'If that's everyone, I'm going to go for a ride before dark.'

'Good.' Maester lewin agreed

'Hodor.'

'Hodor.' Hodor repeated

'Bran ... Lord Stark.' Rodrick corrected 'Torrhen's Square is under siege. Torrhen's Square is barely 40 leagues from here.'

'How can the Lannisters strike so far north?'

'Might be a raiding party led by the Mountain. Might be Sellswords paid by Tywin Lannister.' Rodick told them.

'We have to help them.' Bran said immediately

'Most of the fighting men are away with Robb, but I can gather 200 decent men.'

'Do you need so many?' maester lewin countered

'If we can't protect our own bannermen, why should they protect us? Go, Ser Rodrik. Take the men you need.' Bran encouraged

'Won't take long, My Lord. Southerners don't do well up here.' Rodrick assured nodding to Nova.

"Bran you are a true leader, I'm so very proud of you. Father would be too." Nova assured as she pulled the rock from Rickon's hand, she pressed a kiss to Bran's head as hodor came up.

+

'You are sir Alton Lannister correct?'

'I am your Grace.' He answered looking around nervously between Robb and his men.

'I offer your family peace if they meet my terms.' Robb said sitting down at his council table a true king. 'First your family must release my sisters, second my father's bones must be returned to us so he may rest beside his brother and sister in the crypt beneath Winterfell,' Robb told Alton. 'And the remains of all those who died in his service may be returned to their families so they may be given proper funerals.'

'That is an honorable request your grace.' Alton admitted

'And third,' robb went on 'Joffrey and the Queen regent must renounce all claims to the throne and give it to the king of the north from this time to the end of time we are free and independent kingdom.'

'To the king in the north.' Theon agreed happily.

'To the king of the north!' his council echoed

'If any of Joffrey's men step foot in our lands again, if he disregards this command then he shall suffer the same fate as my father.' Robb warned 'and I don't need a servant to do the beheading for me.' Robb added he would love to chop Joffreys head off.