10. Foreign Concept

'Better looking bitches than you're used to uncle." Joffrey remarked snidely as he looked down at Tyrion laying in the kennels. Tyrion looked up to him with distaste as he brushed himself off.

'Mother was looking for you. We ride for Kings Landing today.' Joffrey told Tyrion, sandor told a dutiful servant behind Joffrey.

'Before you go you will call upon the Lord and Lady Stark and offer them your deepest sympathies' Tyrion told him.

'What good are my sympathies?' Joffrey sneered.

'None but it is expected of you, your absences already been noted.' Tyrion told him.

'The boy means nothing to me-' Joffrey began, Nova and Theon were headed out to take a walk in the woods to clear her head the past week had been awful. Bran was her little man and now he was just... she held tight to Theon's hand as Kola ran forward but she faltered hearing the whines of the arrogant Prince.

''-and I can't stand the wailing of women-' tyrion slapped him across the face. Nova stopped and stared, Theon's chest shook as he held back a laugh.

'One word and I hit you again' Tyrion threatened.

'I'm telling mother!' so Tyrion hit him again. A laugh escaped Theon's lips and Sandor glanced over at them, Nova just stared wide eyed.

'Go. Tell her, but first you will go to lady and lord stark fall upon your knees in front of them and tell them you are very sorry that you are at their service and all your prayers are with them. Do you understand?' Tyrion instructed.

'You can't!' Joffrey cried out and Tyrion slapped him again

'Do you understand?' Joffrey stormed off.

'The prince is going to remember that little lord.' Sandor remarked.

'I hope he does, if he forgets remind him for me.' Tyrion mused. 'Lady Nova, please allow me to extend my deepest-'

'Thank you." She cut him off, leaning into Theon as her and Kola moved into the woods.

"She actually likes her family, foreign concept to people like us." Tyrion mused staring up at Sandor.

+

'Time for breakfast. Bread. And two of those little fish. And a mug of dark beer to wash it down. And bacon, burned black.' Tyrion remarked looking over the food.

'Little brother.' Jaime remarked

'Beloved siblings.' Tyrion said smirking back at them

'Is Bran going to die ?' Mycella questioned

'Apparently not.' Tyrion agreed picking at his food.

'What do you mean?' Cersei questioned, her eyes darting to Jaime.

'The Maester says the boy may live.' Tyrion told them and Cersei sucked in a breath trying to remain calm.

'It's no mercy, letting a child linger in such pain.' Cersei told him.

'Only the gods know for certain. All the rest of us can do is pray. The charms of the north seem entirely lost on you.' Tyrion remarked.

'I still can't believe you're going to the wall. It's ridiculous even for you.' Cersei told him.

'Where's your sense of wonder? The greatest structure ever built, the intrepid men of the Night's Watch, the wintry abode of the White Walkers.' Tyrion mused.

'Tell me you're not thinking of taking the black.' Jaime teased and Tyrion scoffed.

'And go celibate? The whores would go begging from Dorne to Casterly Rock. I just want to stand on top of the Wall and piss off the edge of the world.' Tyrion assured them.

'The children don't need to hear your filth. Come.' Cersei said leading Mycella and Tommen away from the breakfast table, Tyrion's eyes followed them as he brought his cup to his lips.

'Even if the boy lives, he'll be a cripple, a grotesque. Give me a good clean death any day.' Jaime remarked.

'Speaking for the grotesques, I'd have to disagree. Death is so final, whereas life... Life is full of possibilities. I hope the boy does wake. I'd be very interested to hear what he has to say.' Tyrion remarked.

'My dear brother, there are times you make me wonder whose side you're on.' Jaime said down to him. Tyrion offered a coy smile.

'My dear brother, you wound me. You know how much I love my family.' Tyrion reminded him.

+

Catelyn rose she looked a mess as Cersei entered.

'Please, sit.' Cersei assured as she looked over at Bran. Motionless on the bed.

'I would have dressed, your Grace.' Catelyn said trying to make herself look presentable

'This is your home. I'm your guest.' Cersei reminded her, still staring down at Bran. 'Handsome one, isn't he? I lost my first boy, a little black-haired beauty. He was a fighter too... tried to beat the fever that took him.' Cersei informed her. 'Forgive me. It's the last thing you need to hear right now.'

'I never knew.' Catelyn remarked softly.

'It was years ago. Robert was crazed, beat his hands bloody on the wall, all the things men do to show you how much they care. The boy looked just like him. Such a little thing... A bird without feathers. They came to take his body away and Robert held me. I screamed and I battled, but he held me. That little bundle. They took him away and I never saw him again.' Cersei remarked. 'Never have visited the crypt, never. I pray to the Mother every morning and night that she return your child to you.'

'I am grateful.' Catelyn said softly.

'Perhaps this time she'll listen.'