17. Tell her

'Good news?' Petyr said approaching Ned in the throne room Ned held a scroll tightly in his hands. 'perhaps you would like to share it with your wife?'

'Catelyn is in Winterfell' Ned told him.

'Is she?' Petyr grinned walking past him. Ned followed him begrudgingly into the city, down to one of Petyrs brothels.

'I thought she would be safest in here, this is one of the safer establishments I know-' Ned pushed Petyr up against the wall.

'you're a funny man you know that?' Ned said 'a very funny man.' he said strangling him

'Ned.' catelyn called from above, ned released Petyr and moved to the Brothel.

'The starks and their tempers,' Petyr muttered following him in.

'I wish I could see the girls.' catelyn said anxiously looking around.

'It's too dangerous.' Ned assured looking around.

'just for a moment.' Catelyn suggested hopefully.

'Until we know who the enemy are-' Ned began

'I know it is the Lannister's in my bone they are not to be trusted I know it.' Catelyn assured him.

'If little fingers right I can't do anything without proof.' Ned reminded her.

'And if you find the proof?' Catelyn questioned.

'Then I bring it to Robert and hope he is the man I once knew.' Ned informed her. Catelyn nodded.

"Nova misses you." Catelyn remarked.

"I miss her, she hasn't-'

'No." Catelyn assured, "but she has been attached to Theon at the hip since the feast when he kissed her in front of everyone! Suitors will think her tainted, defiled!" Catelyn hissed.

"She isn't." Ned told her.

"How do you know? She wouldn't tell you if she wasn't." Catelyn countered.

"My Nova is a good girl." Ned assured.

"Your Nova is a woman and she is in love with Theon Greyjoy."

+

'Don't stand so still it's hard to hit a moving target' Jon said trying to bond with his brothers 'Except for you.' he motioned to pip, 'you move too much,' he saw Tyrion watching him from the doorway above, 'you pull your sword out, jump around and you do all the work for me.' jon informed him.

'How many winters have you seen Lord Tyrion?'

'Eight no nine' he said.

'All of them brief?' The maester questioned.

'No, the winter of my birth was three years long Maester Aemond.' Tyrion informed him.

'This summer has lasted nine but word from the citadel tells us that the summer grow shorter... winter is coming. This one will be long and dark, things will come with it.' Maester aemond told them.

'We've been capturing Wildlings more every month they are fleeing south the ones who we find say they have seen the white walkers.'

'And the fisherman of Lannister port say they see mermaids' Tyrion told them humorously.

'The night watch is the only thing standing between the realm and what lays beyond and it has become an army of undisciplined boys and tired old men' maester aemond told Tyrion. 'There are less than 1000 of us now,' he went on 'we cannot manage the other castles beyond the wall, we cannot properly patrol the wildlings, we barely have enough led to keep our men armed and fed.'