18. As was I

They kissed, long and slow, their tongues stroking, their bodies pressing together tightly.

On a whimpered moan Nova melted, the fabric of her dress a cool caress against Theon's heated skin. He took his time, licking and sucking, nipping and soothing, relishing every moan and sigh.

"Fuck Nova." He moaned, he needed her under him. He turned around, guiding her back toward the bed, slowly easing her back, but her lips stuck to his.

Filthy kisses full of hungry, gasping need. With slow, deliberate movements he ran his hands over the curves of her body, finding the strings of her dress.

Theon allowed his hands to roam down her rib cage and hips, slipping his hands under the hem of her dress, the edges of her panties silk against his palms. He savored the smooth curve of her backside as she sucked his earlobe, balancing her hands on his thighs, dangerously close to his crotch, pulling him closer.

Pleasure coiled through her, tighter and tighter, centering on her clit and the slow circling of his thumb there. She pressed her fingers hard against the seat, desperate for more leverage to force him to finish this. So close. His hand drops away and then his voice is in her ear, low and rougher than she had ever heard it.

"You still want to wait?" Theon mused as Nova wrapped her legs around him keeping him on her.

"Love me." she begged as a knock on the door startled him away. "Fuck.' She grumbled. "Just a second!"

+

Arya was balancing on 1 foot at the top of the stairs when Ned happened upon her.

'Syrio says that a water dancer can stand on one toe for hours.' Arya told him when he stopped in front of her.

'It's a hard fall down the steps.' Ned remarked.

'Syrio says that every hurt is a lesson and every lesson makes you better.' Arya informed them. 'Syrio says that tomorrow I'm going to be chasing cats.'

'Cats?' Ned questioned

'Syrio says every swordsman should study cats there is quiet as shadows and as light as feathers you have to be quick to catch them.' she said coming down the stairs slowly

'Yes, He's right about that.'

'Maybe when Bran wakes he can live with us?' Arya asked

'Well he needs to get his strength back first.'

'He wants to be knight of the kings guard he can't be one now can he?'

'No. But someday he could be Lord of the holdfast he could sit on the kings council.' Ned remarked sitting down next to her. 'he might raise cattle or be Brandon the builder'

'Can I be Lord of a hold fast?' arya questioned

'You will marry a high Lord and rule his castle your sons will be knights and princesses and-' ned began.

'No that's not me.' Arya told him she went back to balancing.

He had one daughter in love with the prince, another in love with his ward and the third that didn't want a man at all. Ned couldn't win. Joffrey was not a good option, he knew that. Theon might even be better than Joffrey but why did his girls had to fall for the most unfortunate of men? Ned sighed as he headed back to his room. He should have brought Nova with and found her a proper suitor one that would treat her right, he knew Theon, raised him as his ward since he was 8 but still, he was a Greyjoy, he didn't know if push came to shove if Theon wouldn't try and get back into his fathers good graces. He didn't want his baby girl caught in the crossfire.