14. Always a Stark

'What I'm about to tell you, you cannot repeat anyone else.' Catelyn said to Robb, Nova and Theon. 'I do not think Brandon fell from that Tower I think he was thrown and I believe a Lannister's are involved.' Nova gripped Theon's hand, they couldn't be.

''They wouldn't. Why would that? He's just a boy.' Nova declared. "Is this because of me? Because I insulted the queen and the prince? Did I do this?" Nova questioned nervously.

"No, Nova this isn't your fault." Theon assured.

"It's not, it couldn't be." Robb agreed.

'We already have reason to believe they're not loyal to the crown.' Catelyn went on as Nova's mind raced.

'So they come into our home and try and murder my brother.' Robb said through clenched teeth 'if it's war they want-'

'If it comes to that you know I will stand behind you.' Theon added

'war? Is there going to be a battle in the gods wood?' the maester said 'to easily words of war become acts of war we don't know the truth yet.'

'I will ride to Kings Landing.' Robb said

'no I know there must always be a stark in Winterfell.' Catelyn reminded him, "You are Lord of Winterfell Robb, I will go." Nova looked nervously to her mother. "Come here" she pulled Nova to her. "You take care of your brothers while I'm gone." Catelyn told her.

"I will... tell father I miss him." Nova requested.

"Of course." Catelyn glanced back at Theon. "and no weddings while I'm gone." She added and Theon turned around finding the trees very interesting to avoid Catelyn's stare.

+

'My lord! My lord! They found her. She's unharmed.' Jory said running up to Ned

'Where is she?'

'She's been taken directly before the King.' Jory informed him

'Who took her?' Ned countered

''The Lannisters found her.' Jory told him as they moved with urgency to get to Arya.

''Right, get back.'' Ned said making his way through the crowd

''The Queen ordered them to bring her straight to him.'' Jory informed him

''Back! Back to the inn. All back!' Ned demanded pushing through.

'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry' Arya exclaimed Ned held her face in his hands.

'Are you hurt?' ned questioned looking her over.

'No.' she told him softly.

'Its alright' he coed as he hugged his daughter close looking over to Robert. 'what is the meaning of this?' he demanded 'why was my daughter not brought to me at once?'

'How dare you speak to your king in that manner.' Cersei said calmly but threateningly.

'Quiet woman' Robert demanded 'sorry Ned I never meant to frighten the girl but we need to get this business done quickly.'

'You're girl and that butchers boy attacked my son.' Cersei told him. 'That animal of hers nearly tore his arm off!'

'That's not true!' arya exclaimed 'she just... Bit him a little.' Arya looked to Ned, 'he was hurting Mika.' Arya told him.

'Joffrey told us what happened,' cersei informed her. 'you and that boy beat him with clubs while you set your wolf on him.' Cersei spat.

'That's not what happened!' Arya shouted.

'Yes it is.' Joffrey insisted 'they all attacked me and she threw my sword in the river!'

'Liar.' She spat.

'Shut up!' Joffrey demanded.

'Enough!' Robert shouted. 'He tells me one thing she tells me another seven hells, what am I to make of this? Where is your other daughter Ned?' Robert shouted

'She is sleep' ned informed him.

'She's not. Sansa come here darling' Cersei said and Sansa stepped forward giving her father a weary look

'Well?' Cersei said. 'you saw that happened.'

'Speak now child tell me what happened tell it all and tell it true, it is a great crime to lie to a king.' Robert told her she looked at her father before looking to Joffrey

'I don't know...' she answered 'I don't remember everything happened so fast I didn't see-'

'Liar!' Arya shouted grabbing her hair 'liar liar liar!' she shouted pulling her down

'Enough! Ladies stop it! stop it!' ned demanded. Ned pulled them apart.

'She's just as wild as that animal of hers,' cersei said calmly 'I want her punished.'

'What would you have me do?' Robert questioned 'strip her through the streets? Dammit children Fight. It's over.' Robert told her.

'Joffrey will bear the scars for the rest of his life!' Cersei told him.

'You let that little girl disarm you!' Robert reminded his son incredulously, Joffrey didn't have any words Robert turned back to Ned. 'Ned see to it that your daughter is disciplined I will do the same with my son.'

'Gladly your Grace.' Ned said pulling his daughter away.

'And what of the dire wolf?' Cersei question 'what of the beast that savaged your son?'

'I forgot the damn wolf' Robert turned to a guard.

'we have found no trace of the dire wolf your Grace.' Ned glanced back at Arya and Sansa.

'So its settled,' Robert said waving it off but cersei had other plans.

'They have another wolf.' Cersei reminded him.

'Very well,' Robert said

'you can't mean it?' Arya cried out

'A dire wolf is not a pet,' Robert reminded Ned 'get her a dog she'll be happier for it.' he said walking away

'He doesn't mean lady does he?' Sansa asked 'no not lady!' she shouted 'lady didn't bite anyone she is good!'

'Lady wasn't there.' Arya insisted, 'you leave her alone'

'Stop, don't let them do this father. Please, please,' Sansa begged her head frantically turning between her father in the queen 'it wasn't lady!' she exclaimed.

'Is this your command? Your grace?' Ned asked Robert turned marching away

'Where is the beast?' Robert questioned

'Chained up outside your grace' Ned told him. Robert nodded. Cersei smiled.

'Do me the honor ser Pane.' Cersei said happily.

'No, Ned said 'Jory take the girls to their rooms. If it must be done then I will do it myself.'

'Is this some trick?' Cersei questioned

'The wolf is of the north she deserves better than a butcher' Ned told her. 'Jory take Arya and Sansa back to their rooms.'

"Right away my lord." Jory agreed. Ned walked outside and sansa's sobs echoed. He saw sandor coming up with his horse, the Ned smelled the blood.

'The butchers boy?' Ned question Sandor as he passed with a boy slung over the back of his horse. 'you rode him down?'

'He ran, not very fast,' Sandor noted continuing on his way. Lady was so happy to see him, Ned pet her soft fur but as he pulled his blade she started to whine and whimper.

Brans eyes popped open a pant in his breath.