15. My Legs

"I'm fine, honest, its healing really well." Nova assured kissing Theon to stop him from worrying. Her hand had been cut pretty deep after the man tried to kill Bran. "Theon." She whispered wrapping her legs around him as she sat on the counter. "I'm fine." She coed kissing him again pulling I'm into her when she heard shouting. Theon got ready for another attack.

"NOVA!" she jumped up running to Brans room.
"Bran!" Nova declared hugging him "you're awake!"

"I cant feel my legs. I cant feel my legs." He sobbed into her. Nova glanced back at theon.
"I will get Maester Lewin.' He declared taking off.

"Honey I'm so glad you are alright." Nova said holding tight to him.

"Nova my legs." He sobbed.

"You fell," nova said sitting beside him. Kola and Summer wagged their tails happily at his bedside. "You fell from the tower, everyone was so worried about you."

"Where is father?" Nova sighed.

"Father went to the capital, he had no choice." Nova told him. "He took Arya and sansa... Jon went to the wall..."
"The wall?" Bran questioned. "Why would they leave me?"

"I didn't, I'm here and Robb and Rickon and Theon, we all love you so much. They love you too but the king is a cunt." Nova told him bluntly. "Honey do you remember what happened?" Bran swallowed the lump in his throat as he hugged her tighter.

"I don't remember." He lied.

"I'm so sorry honey, I'm going to keep you safe." Nova assured kissing his head.

+

'Thank the gods you were here stark' Jaime said sitting alone in the throne room, 'it's about time we had some stern northern leader ship'

'Glad to see you are protecting throne,' Ned said, a hint of sarcasm in his voice

'Sturdy old thing. How many kings houses have posted it I wonder...' Jaime looked him over a smug look on his face. 'I heard there was trouble on the kings road.'

'Very handsome armor' Ned noted 'not a scratch on it.'

'well people have been swinging at me for years but they always seem to miss.' Jaime informed him.

'You've chosen your opponents wisely then.' ned remarked

'I have a knack for it,' Jaime assured him, the men stared each other down, assessing the other. 'it must be strange for you coming into this room...' Jaime noted 'standing right here where it went down, you're very brave your father too, he didn't deserve to die like that. Nobody deserves to die like that-'

'You just stood there and watched' Ned remembered.

'500 men just stood there and watched' Jaime corrected 'all the great knights of the seven kingdoms and you think anyone said a word, lifted a finger? No one... 500 men and this room was silent as a crypt except for the screams of course. And the mad king laughing. And I watched the mad king die.' Jaime informed Ned. 'I remember him laughing as your father burned,' Jaime went on 'it felt like justice.'

'Is that what you tell yourself at night? You are a servant of justice, that you were avenging my father when you stabbed your sword in the Targaryen's back?'

'Tell me if I stab the mad king in the belly instead of the back would you like me more?' Jaime questioned with a smug grin.

'You served him well,' Ned told him 'when serving was safe.' Ned pushed past him, he had work to do.

++

'If that were a real sword you would be dead. Lord snow here grew up in the castles he looks down on the likes of you. Do you think Ned Starks bastard bleeds like the rest of us?' one of the Crows stepped forward to dual Jon but Jon got him down easily. He was surprised having only dueled against practice dummies in the courtyard never an actual person he was still quite good. He thought Nova would be both proud and disappointed. Proud he was doing so well, disappointed that he was to be stuck with these types of people for the rest of his life. He wasn't going to be a Snowflake anymore he would be a crow-flake? He thought shaking his head as the next crow stepped forward, Nova would have a new nickname for him, or she would say that he was always going to be her snowflake.

'Next!' the commander shouted again and again Jon took down each man

'Next!' He said two men approached Jon knocked them both down. 'Well Lord snow it looks you are the least useless person here.'

'go clean yourselves up there's only so much I can stomach in a day.' The commander said gruffly before walking off.

'Charming man,' Tyrion said watching from above.

'I don't need him to be charming I need him to turn this bunch of thieves and runaways into men of the nights watch.' Commander Mormont told Tyrion.

'how is that going commander Mormont?' Tyrion added.

'Slowly' he admitted 'the raven came for Ned Starks son,' he handed the note to Tyrion.

'Good news or bad?' Tyrion questioned taking the scroll.

'Both.'

+

'Fewer eyes back here, my Lady. But still too many.' Rodrick Cassel reminded

''It's nine years since I've set foot in the capital. And no one knew who I was the last time I came either.' Catelyn reminded him

'My Lady.' Rodrick agreed

''Welcome to King's Landing, Lady Stark. Would you mind following us?' a guard said and Catelyn hesitated

''I would. We've done nothing wrong.' Catelyn assured

''We've been instructed to escort you into the city.'' The guard told her

''Instructed? I don't know who's providing your instructions, but...' Catelyn said defensively

'Follow me, Lady Stark.' She took hesitant steps her fists clenched as she walked through the city only to see Petyr Bealish.

'Cat! Go on. Go upstairs.' Petyr told her

'You little worm! You take me for some back-alley Sally you can drag into a...' Catelyn hissed

''I meant no disrespect to you of all people.' Petyr assured, he ran a few brothels and having Catelyn here was better than anywhere else in his mind.

'How dare you bring me here! Have you lost your mind?' Catelyn spat

'No one will come looking for you here. Isn't that what like you wanted?' Petyr countered 'I'm truly sorry... about the locale.'

''How did you know I was coming to King's Landing?' Catelyn questioned hesitantly.

'A dear friend told me.' Petyr told her kindly.

''Lady Stark.'' Varys said stepping forward

''Lord Varys.' She retorted

"To see you again after so many years is a blessing. Your poor hands.'' Varys remarked

''How did you know I was coming?' Catelyn asked defensively.

'Knowledge is my trade, my Lady. Did you bring the dagger with you, by any chance?' Varys questioned and Catelyn stared at him a moment longer. 'My little birds are everywhere. Even in the north. They whisper to me the strangest stories.'' Varys told her as she held it out. 'Valyrian steel.' He remarked.

'Do you know whose dagger this is?'

''I must admit I do not.'' Varys answered

''Well, well, this is an historic day. Something you don't know that I do. There's only one dagger like this in all of the Seven Kingdoms. It's mine.'' Petyr remarked

' Yours?' Catelyn spat

''At least it was, until the tournament on Prince Joffrey's last name day. I bet on Ser Jaime in the jousting, as any sane man would. When the Knight of the Flowers unseated him, I lost this dagger.'' Petyr informed her.

'To whom?" Catelyn demanded

''Tyrion Lannister. The Imp.''