5. Your Grace

''Super Nova!'' Jon declared

''Snowflake!'' She exclaimed laughing

'My nickname for you is cool and i am still stuck with snowflake?'' Jon countered

''It comes from a place of love.'' nova assured

''I know.'' Jon teased kissing her temple.

''I heard kola howling last night everything okay?'' That damn dog nova thought

''Yeah totally fine.'' Nova assured 'you know kola she is a worry wart and im a klutz.''

''That you are.'' jon agreed Nova scrunched up her face at him.

'I see them coming, the riders!' Bran announced.

'How?' Catelyn questioned hands rooted on her hips, Bran looked up at her sheepishly. 'You were climbing, you promised me you would not climb anymore.' Catelyn reminded him.

'I wont do it again.' Bran lied looking to his feet. Catelyn took a gentle hand and brought it to his chin.

'You know every time you look down I know you are lying.' Catelyn warned him and he smiled up her and Catelyn let out a sigh, he was lucky he was so cute. 'Go on, line up.'

'Where is arya?' Ned questioned looking back to Jon and Theon stood in the second row. Jon shrugged, But arya came running up with a guards helmet on her head.

"Found her." Nova mused, Robb nudged Nova as she grinned back at Ned.

'What are you doing?' Ned questioned, "where did you get that?' he pulled the helmet from arya's head and flattened her hair down. 'Go.' He told her pointing down the row of starks as the royal family approached.

Robert feebly hopped down from his horse, that poor horse, Nova thought as the king was not a small man. Ned Stark and his family bowed before him on their knees as Robert approached. Robert motion for Ned to stand, Ned rose as did the rest of his family. Nova held tight to Robb's hand leaning into him as the king smirked down at their family.

'Your Grace,' Ned said tipping his head to Robert.

'You got fat,' Robert noted but Ned looked down to Roberts stomach both men started laughing before they hugged joyously.

'Cat' He said happily hugging her before fussing with rickon's hair.

'Nine years it has been nine long years, I have not seen you where have you been?' Robert asked

'I've been here guarding the for north for you, your grace.' Ned said obediently. Jon and Theon stood like statues behind the starks. Robert went down the row of stark children greeting them happily.

"Robb," Robert remarked shaking is hand. "Nova, look at you, so beautiful."

"Thank you, your grace." Nova said forcing a smile, he smelled of ale and an array of perfumes she was nearly chocking on the smell.

"How old are you?" Robert questioned and Nova glanced back at her father. Why would he care about her age?

"I'm ten and six your grace." Nova told him hesitantly.

"Not wed?" Nova shook her head just slightly. "Hmm." He moved down to sansa and arya next.

"Why did he say Hmm?" Nova hissed. "what was that?"

"hush Nov." Robb begged.

"Don't worry." Ned assured reaching a hand over to her.

"Telling me not to worry doesn't really make me worry less." Nova remarked as Bran held up his arms, showing Robert his muscles. "Why would be care about my age? He didn't ask Sansa hers? And to ask if I'm wed?" Nova was having a panic attack. She looked to the prince, she was not marrying that child. "father." Nova pleaded.

"Hush Nova love." Ned begged.

"What does Hmm mean?" Nova begged but Robb pinched her and she quieted as Robert came back down. Cersei cleared her throat waiting to be announced but in all honestly Robert had forgotten she was even there, he didn't care for his wife but Amelia and Marcella was were sweethearts.

'Right, right, Cersei, Joffrey, Tommen, Marcella,' he said rushed.

'It is an honor to have you, your grace.' Catelyn said curtsying before cersei.

'Ned,' Robert declared patting his back. 'Take me to the crypts.'

'We've been riding for a full moon don't you think the dead can wait?' Cersei called after them.

'Come on let's go,' Robert said as his eyes drifted back to Nova she ducked her head hiding behind Robb.

'I heard about John Aryn.' Ned said once they were in the crypts.

'One minute he was fine. And then right through him... whatever it was. I liked that man,' Robert remarked.

'We both did ,' ned agreed

'Never had to teach you much,' Robert noted 'but do you remember me at 16? all I wanted to do was crack skulls and fuck girls.'

'I recall.' Ned admitted.

'But you always knew what was what.' Robert reminded Ned and he stared back at Robert a knowing look in his eye. 'Don't look at me like that,' Robert told Ned 'it's not his fault I didn't listen. I need you down in Kings Landing Ned. Not up here where you're no good to anybody,' Robert told him. 'Lord Eddard stark I would name you the hand of the King.' Robert declared. Ned got down to one knee.

'I'm not worthy of the honor.' He told Robert.

'I'm not trying to honor you I'm trying to get you to run my kingdom will I eat drinking whore my way to an early grave,' Robert informed him. 'Come on Ned, stand up,' he said patting his shoulder 'you helped me win the iron throne now let me help me keep the damn thing. We were meant to rule together. If your sister had lived we would've been bound by blood but it's not too late,' Robert told him. 'I have a son you have a daughter we will join our houses.' He said walking off. Ned watched after him, Nova would hate the capital. Nova would hate Joffrey. Ned ran a hand over his face, he couldn't really refuse the king but Nova was his baby girl. The eldest and should be getting marriage prospects yes but his first girl, his favorite. He knew he wasn't supposed to have favorites but Nova was.