13. Protect

"Father says I cant marry you until Bran wakes." Nova remarked brushing Bran's hair from his eyes.

"That's understandable." Theon agreed.

"Then he said... we would discuss it." Nova added.

"What?"

"He... he doesn't want us to marry." Nova told him annoyed.

"What?" Theon questioned again.

"He said he wants to find... options, I don't want options I don't think he thinks its serious." Nova told him.

"It is, I love you Nova."

"I know that, I told him that... we just... wait a little while longer." Nova told him sliding off Bran's bed. "That's okay right?"

"You are worth the wait." Theon assured kissing her.

"I can't wait to marry you." Nova told him kissing him again.

+

Sansa was terrified, she was looking for her father but stumbled across knight after knight and they seemed to enjoy tormenting her. They were on their way to Kings Landing, stopping on the kings road for the night as everyone made camp and all of the knights were horrifying beasts she stumbled backwards running into Sandor. She stared up at him taking nervous steps back away from him, her eyes wide her lip quivered.

'Do I frighten you so much girl?' sandor questioned she didn't answer, 'or is it him that's making a shake? He frightens me to look at that face.' Sandor teased.

'I'm sorry if I offended you sir.' Sansa said sheepishly Ilyn Payne only stated at her, a deep frown on his face as he walked past them. 'Why won't he speak to me?' Sansa questioned sandor.

'He hasn't been talkative the last 20 years since the mad king had his tongue cut out.' Sandor informed her.

'He speaks well with his sword though.' Joffrey remarked and sansa smiled turning to the Prince, 'serving the kings justice... he is the royal executioner.' he clarified 'what is it my sweet girl? Does the hound frighten you?' Joffrey asked, concern in his voice. 'Away with your dog you're scaring my lady.' Sandor tipped his head leaving.

+

Arya was sparing with one of the children, Mych by the river. Practicing with wooden swords.

'I probably shouldn't have any more,' Sansa said as Joffrey offered her a jug of ale. 'Father only lets us have one cup at feasts.'

'My princess can have as much as she wants, who cares what they say.' Joffrey said kindly and Sansa took it, taking another hesitant sip. They heard the sounds of grunts and wood clashing and sansa's face was one of panic. 'Don't' worry, you are safe with me.' Joffrey assured heading off to see the commotion.

"Arya!' Sansa declared pulling her attention away from Mych and he got her in the arm. Arya whipped her head around at Mych clutching at her arm.

'What are you doing here? Go away!' Arya demanded.

"Your sister...' Joffrey remarked. "And who are you?'

"Mych my lord.' He answered politely.

'He's the butchers boy.' Sansa said with distaste.

'He's my friend!' Arya corrected.

'Butcher's boy who wants to be a knight.' Joffrey remarked. 'Pick up your sword butchers boy lets see how good you are!' Joffrey challenged drawing a real blade from his belt.

'She asked me to me lord. She asked me to.' Mych said nervously.

'I am not your lord I'm a prince,' Joffrey sneered. 'and I said pick up your sword.'