puppy love - deunpeu

Start from the beginning

"If you don't answer, I'm gonna fucking-"

"Hello?"

"Yejun! Where are you? Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me you left campus?" The brunette asked worriedly.

"Awww, is my dino worried about me? Don't worry, I'm alright. I guess my text didn't go through. Why don't you meet me at our milkshake place?"

"Milkshake? At this time of day?" Jaeho checked the time on the clock next to him. 5:00 pm, it read. The usual time classes would be dismissed.

"The Jaeho I know wouldn't pass off an opportunity for a chocolate milkshake."

Jaeho chuckled at the older's response. He was pretty tired from class and still had a bunch of homework to do, so maybe a little pick-me-up milkshake wouldn't hurt.

"Alright, you've convinced me. I'll meet you there."

"See ya!"

The line ended and Jaeho smiled to himself. Everyday, he found himself falling for Yejun more and more. All he can do is hope that the other felt the same.

He skipped happily out the building as he normally did. Despite being a shy kid, it wasn't uncommon to see a smile or some sort of evident happiness on his face. Jaeho is, quite literally, sunshine incarnate.

The milkshake place wasn't far from the campus so he got there just fine by foot. When he arrived, he immediately started looking for Yejun. He instantly recognized him by his blonde mop of curly and kind of dead hair.

Jaeho sat in front of him, a smile forming on his face upon merely seeing the other. Yejun mimicked his facial expression, smiling widely.

"I already ordered, so you just relax and wait." Yejun said and the brunette gave a nod.

They began talking about random things, Jaeho's heart skipping a beat everytime Yejun even just so mentions his name or looks in his eyes. He was down bad. Like, really down bad.

The milkshake soon came and the waitress placed it on the middle of their table. Next to it were two straws.

"Why only one?" Jaeho wondered. The other didn't answer and instead shyly placed both straws in the milkshake. Oh god, is this really happening?

"Drink up, Hoya. You didn't come here just to stare at my handsome face, did you?"

"What? No way!" Yes. Yes he did.

Jaeho glared at him playfully and leaned forwards to bring his lips to the straw, drinking the cold chocolate milkshake. His body shivered in a good way as the cold entered his system.

Before he knew it, the older leaned in to take the other straw in his mouth, looking anywhere but at him.

Jaeho couldn't keep his eyes away from Yejun. He was just so pretty, especially from up close like this. His face turned red when he realized what was happening. They were sharing a milkshake... like a couple.

He slowly pulled away, Yejun following a few seconds after. There was an awkward silence between them as both parties blushed furiously.

"Jaeho, I-", "Yejun-" They started at the same time. There was another silence before Jaeho offered the other to go first. "Go on first."

"Jaeho, I like you and I think that's pretty obvious but... it's killing me that we haven't made anything official yet. If you're not ready, it's totally fine, but I'd really be happy to take the honor of officially being your... boyfriend."

Holy shit. Was Jaeho hearing right? Or was he hallucinating? Yejun liked him back? He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a sigh from the other. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make things awkward between us, I-"

"N-No! Wait! I like you too, Yejun. I... I wanna put a label on us, too. I want to be your boyfriend." Jaeho blurted.

Yejun sat in his seat, shook. "Really? You're not joking?"

"Really, I'm not joking! I've always liked you, even before we met." He confessed shyly, looking away from the other. His face was burning up so hot that not even the cold milkshake could cool him down.

Suddenly, there was a hand on his that made him look up.

"Jaeho, I want the things we do to be more than platonic. I wanna be something more than just friends." Yejun said, this time with no stutter or shyness. "I do too, Yejun."

A fond smile crept up the blonde's face, further widening when Jaeho interlocked their hands together on the table.

"Be my boyfriend?" Jaeho asked.

"Only if you'll be mine."

"Then it's a deal."

---

send reqs y'all