084. curing a demon

Start from the beginning

~ ~ ~

They set a projector up in the library and have the lights off and Sam puts the video on.

"Simon, we're filming." A woman's voice says while the video shows a priest.

"Um, hello, world." Simon says.

"So this new ritual we're going to do, this new type of exorcism, h-how does it work?" The woman asks.

"Simon, come!" Somebody yells from the distance.

"I don't know. It's my first time." Simon says.

The video glitches and it shows the woman holding the camera in the mirror.

"Is that Abaddon?" Sam asks.

"It's not killy enough. It's got to be the, uh, the chick she possessed." Dean says.

They can hear a woman screaming.

"We must do it now." Father Thompson says. The camera focuses on the woman who is screaming and she's on her knees, chained to the floor.

Larissa covers Athena's ears and eyes, not letting the baby try to pull her hands away.

"Dead! They're all dead! Everyone you ever loved." The woman says.

"Hey, those chains look exactly like the ones in our dungeon." Sam says.

"In your what?" Cas asks.
"In our what?" Larissa asks at the same time.

"I'll show you later." Sam quietly tells her.

"I don't know if I want you to." Larissa mutters.

"Demon on a leash -- cool." Dean says.

Father Thompson and Simon start reciting something as the woman continues to scream. Father Thompson cuts his hand and puts his bleeding hand over the woman's mouth.

"Lustra!" He shouts.

A white light shows on screen and the camera goes to Josie for a few seconds. The screen shows the woman, dead on the floor, her heart missing.

"Where's the demon?" Josie asks.

"Stop filming." Father Thompson orders.

"What happened?" Josie asks.

"Will you just stop?" Father Thompson charges at her and the video ends, the projector clicking and it stops.

"Well, that was weird... with three exclamation points." Dean says.

"That wasn't a normal exorcism. They changed the words." Sam says.

"I believe "lustra" is Latin for wash or cleanse." Cas says.

"Oh, yeah, cause that was the most freaky thing was the vocabulary. What about the blood high five or the chest burster? Anything else on the film, like director's commentary, sequel, maybe?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, listen to this. The older priest, Max Thompson, bit the dust in '58, but the younger one is still alive and still in St. Louis." Sam says.

"Think this kind of weird is worth the drive?" Dean asks.

"Dean, everything in those folders -- the possessions, the deals, all of it -- we've seen that before, but that-- that was all new. Yeah, it's worth the drive." Sam says.

"All right. Let's roll." Dean says, the three guys standing up. "Not you." He tells Cas.

"Sam is more damaged than I am." Cas says.

"Yeah, well, you know, even banged up, Sammy comes through." Dean says.

"Dean, I just want to help." Cas says.