048. worried girlfriend and broken boyfriend

Larissa walks into Bobby's house, her hands full of grocery bags. She looks into the living room, seeing Sam sitting on the couch while Bobby finishes reapplying a bandage and Dean is sitting on the arm of the couch.

"Oh, good, you're up." Larissa says. "I got eggs, bread, peanut butter, and fruit plus some greens. So, for breakfast, you get toast with PB, a fruit smoothie with some kale in it, and scrambled eggs because that's the only way I know how to make them. Also, you're gonna be drinking your body weight in water."

"I'm, uh... not super hungry." Sam tells her.

"Have you eaten today?" Larissa asks.

"No." Sam mumbles.

"Then you're eating." Larissa states. "Oh, and, also, got this for you to try." She hands him a Styrofoam tray that's covered in plastic wrapping.

"Veggie bacon?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. You don't... you don't like eating the pork bacon, so... veggie. It's healthier." She takes the tray back.

"Aww... isn't she so sweet?" Lucifer gushes.

"You got him fake meat?" Dean asks.

"Yes. No. It-- I got him something that fits what he eats." Larissa says.

"But it's-- it's hippie, Sarah McLaughlin grass eater crap." Dean grimaces.

"Dean. It's not gonna kill you. So, shut up." Larissa tells him.

"Okay, onto our bigger issue. How're you doing? And do not say okay." Dean tells Sam.

"I'm not okay." Sam states.

"You think?" Dean retorts.

Larissa smacks Dean over the head.

"Hey. Go a little easy." Bobby says.

"Yeah, Rissa." Dean rubs his head.

"I was talking to you." Bobby tells the man.

"Okay, well, there's nothing easy about it, Bobby, okay? We acted like he had everything under control." Dean says.

"I get it. I'm sorry. Look, I-I didn't exactly want to crack up, you know?" Sam asks.

"What the hell happened back there?" Dean asks.

"Well, it's not just flashbacks anymore." Sam says.

"Well, then what?" Dean asks.

"It's more like... I'm seeing through the cracks." Sam says.

"What does that mean?"

"It means I'm having a difficult time figuring out what's real."

"Hallucinations."

"For starters."

"Well, for starters, if you're tripping Hell's Bells, why would you hide that?"

"I wasn't hiding it, Dean. I-I was just not talking about it. I mean, it seemed like you guys had enough going on as it was. Look, I-I just figured, try to hold onto the safety bar and ride it out, you know? But it's getting more specific."

"As in, specifically what?"

~ ~ ~

"What the hell, Sam?" Dean asks.

"I told you." Sam says.

"I mean, seriously, how do-- how do you argue with that?" Dean asks.

"I know. It's a problem." Sam says.

"Well, now, wait, I got it. Why would the devil holodeck you a whole new life when he could just kick your ass all over the cage?" Dean asks.

"Cause, as he puts it... you can't torture someone who has nothing left for you to take away." Sam says.