068. blissful year

Larissa and Sam have returned to Rufus' cabin while they decide what to do. Larissa is mostly leaving it up to Sam given Dean's his brother and everything. It's been about a week and Sam's been fixing up the Impala in the meantime.

Larissa sits on the couch next to Sam and hands him a bottle of water.

"Thanks." Sam mumbles, taking it.

"You figure out what you wanna do?" Larissa asks.

"What do you want to do?" Sam asks.

"Be with you." Larissa says with a small smile. Sam gives her a look. "I'm serious. Rather we're hunting or-or living some normal life or something, as long as I'm with you, I know I'll be good."

"I mean... Dean's dead, right?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I mean... I'm not really sure what else he would be. Unless it's like when angels get banished with the sigil, but... still don't see how that works. If he was alive, he probably would've called by now." Larissa says.

"Am I dick for not even trying to look?" Sam asks.

"I don't think so. I mean, you guys have that promise. One of you dies and the other gets a normal, hunter-free life. I mean, if you wanna still hunt, I'm with you. But I'm also with you if you just wanna... drive around the country and work odd jobs. Or settle down and go back to college for a degree or something."

"Really?" Sam asks.

"Really." Larissa nods, kissing his cheek. "So?"

"I don't really wanna hunt anymore." Sam says.

"Okay. Then we won't hunt." Larissa states.

"I love you." Sam tells her.

"I love you, too." She pecks him on the lips. She rests her head on his shoulder and hugs his arm, knowing he still needs some silent comfort.

+++

Sam is driving and it's nighttime while Larissa sits in the passenger seat. She's half asleep, but is having trouble actually getting to sleep. Larissa rubs her eyes as she lets out a small whine for not being able to sleep.

"You want, like... a blanket or something?" Sam asks.

"No. No, I'm... I'm good." Larissa dismisses.

"You sure?" Sam asks with a small laugh.

Larissa looks in the backseat and reaches back for the blanket. She grabs it and starts to unfold it, glancing up at the road. Her eyes widen when she spots a dog.

"Sam, stop!" She shouts. Sam slams on the brakes, but he still hits the dog. "Oh, my God."

"Shit!" The two quickly get out of the car and rush to the wounded dog.

"Oh, baby. Baby, we are so sorry." Larissa apologizes to the dog, gently petting its head.

"Are you apologizing to a dog?" Sam asks.

"Yes. They have ears... and feelings." Larissa states.

"What-what do we do?" Sam asks.

"Take him to a vet." Larissa says. "Here, pick him up." Sam carefully lifts the dog up and follows Larissa to one of the backdoors and she holds it open. Sam puts the dog on the seat, the couple quickly getting in, and Sam drives off.

"Okay, nearest vet is about 15 minutes away." Larissa says, showing the GPS on her phone to Sam. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She smacks Sam's arm.

"Hey-- ow!" Sam cries.

"Why would you hit a precious, innocent dog?"

"I didn't plan on it. What, you think I was bored and just went, "Oh, hey, there's a dog. Let me hit it. Spice the night up."" Sam remarks.