025. hunger

TW: mentions of rape & forced sex

"Really? Anna? I don't believe it." Dean says.

"It's true." Cas says as he draws a symbol on a table.

"So, she's gone all Glenn Close, huh? That's awesome." Dean says.

"Who's Glenn Close?" Cas asks.

"No one, just this psycho bitch who likes to boil rabbits." Dean says.

"So the plan to kill me, would it actually stop Satan?" Sam asks.

"No, Sam, come on." Dean says.

"Sam..." Larissa quietly says.

"Cas, what do you think? Does Anna have a point?" Sam asks.

"No. She's, uh, Glenn Close." Cas answers.

"I don't get it. We're looking for the chick that wants to gank Sam." Dean says. "Why poke the bear?"

"Anna will keep trying. She won't give up until Sam is dead. So we kill her first." Cas says.

"I'm cool with that." Larissa says.

Cas chants something and the bowl gains a red flame for a few moments. Cas leans against a chair, breathing heavily.

"Dude, you good?" Larissa asks.

"I've found her." Cas states.

"Where is she?" Dean asks.

"Not where. When." Cas says. "In 1978."

"What? Why 1978? I wasn't even born yet." Sam says.

"You won't be if she kills your parents." Cas says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Anna can't get to you because of me. So she's going after them." Cas says.

"Take us back right now." Dean orders.

"And deliver you right to Anna? I should go alone." Cas says.

"They're our parents. Cas, we're going." Dean states.

"It's not that easy." Cas says.

"Why not?" Sam asks.

"Time travel was difficult even with the powers of Heaven at my disposal." Cas says.

"Which got cut off." Sam says.

"So, what, you're like a Delorean without enough plutonium?" Dean asks.

"I don't understand that reference, but I'm telling you, taking this trip, with passengers no less, it'll weaken me." Cas says.

"They're our mom and dad. If we can save them, and not just from Anna... I mean, if we can set things right, we have to try." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"Okay, uh... we think it's best if you stay here." Sam tells Larissa as the two stand in the corner of the room while Dean and Cas are packing.

"Of course you do. I'm sorry, do I suddenly look 5 years old to everybody or something? I can handle myself." Larissa states.

"I know, I know. But Cas is gonna be weak enough getting me and Dean back. And besides you still haven't... haven't been in the best mindset yet, you know?"

"I'm aware of how the grieving process works, Samuel." Larissa comments.

"Please. Just this one more time." Sam says, his puppy dog eyes shining with a pleading look.

"This is the last fucking time." Larissa states.

"Agreed. You're a grown woman, you can go wherever you want... except 1978." Sam says.