022. convention antics

Dean squeals to a stop in the parking lot of the hotel and the three quickly get out, Dean stopping at the other Impalas nearby.

"Hey." Sam calls. "Come on." They rush to the front and find Chuck pacing back and forth outside. "Chuck! There you are."

"Guys?" Chuck asks.

"What's going on?" Dean asks.

"Uh, nothing. You know, I'm just kinda hanging. What are you guys doing here?" Chuck asks.

"You told us to come." Dean says.

"Uh, no I didn't." Chuck denies.

"Yeah, you did, you texted me. This address, life or death situation. Any of this ringing a bell?" Sam asks.

"I didn't send you a text." Chuck says.

"We drove all night!" Dean exclaims.

"I'm sorry, I don't understand what could..." Chuck trails off as he realizes something. "Oh, no."

"What?" Dean asks.

"Sam!" They hear a woman squeal and turn to find her rushing down the steps. "You made it!" She stands across from Sam.

"Oh, uh... Becky, right?" Sam asks.

"Oh, you remembered. You've been thinking about me." She grins. Larissa looks at the woman with wide eyes.

"I..." Sam isn't sure how to respond.

"It's okay, I can't get you out of my head either." Becky grins. She glances over, her smile dimming when she notices Larissa. "Oh... you made it." Larissa raises her eyebrows at the blonde's short tone.

"Becky, did you take my phone?" Chuck asks.

"I just borrowed it from your pants." Becky says.

"Becky--"

"What? They're gonna want to see it."

"See what?" The brothers ask.

"Oh. My. God. I love it when they talk about the same time!" Becky squeals.

"Hey, Chuck?" A guy calls. "Come on, pal, it's showtime." He goes back inside.

"Guys... I'm sorry. For everything." Chuck says before going inside. The three follow, Becky excitedly walking in behind them.

"Hey, Dean, looking good." A guy says as he passes them.

"Who the hell are you?" Dean asks. He's wearing similar clothes to Dean, including the amulet which Dean still doesn't have back.

"I'm Dean, too. Duh." He says.

"Uh oh. It's Sam and Dean. I'm in trouble now." A guy dressed as a scarecrow says. "Have fun you three."

"What?" Dean mumbles. They look around seeing people dressed as Sam, Dean, and some other hunters and then also as monsters.

"Becky... what is this?" Sam asks.

"It's awesome!" Becky cheers. "A supernatural convention -- the first ever."

~ ~ ~

They're in one of the rooms and the guy from earlier is up on stage as guests sit in rows of seats. The three hunters and Becky are standing in the back.

Sam and Larissa are standing next to each other until Becky walks over, squeezing between them, Larissa forced to move a few steps to the side. She gives Becky an insane look, looking over her head at Sam who is fidgeting and shuffling closer to Dean.

"Welcome to the first annual Supernatural convention." The man greets, the crowd cheering. "At 3:45, in the Magnolia room, we have the panel, "Frightened Little Boy: The Secret Life of Dean." And at 4:30, there's the "Homoerotic Subtext of Supernatural." Oh, and, of course, the big hunt starts at 7pm sharp."