𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The kids, Steve, and Laurie walk along the way from the junkyard, heading towards town to hopefully find the others and talk about what happened

The kids, Steve, and Laurie walk along the way from the junkyard, heading towards town to hopefully find the others and talk about what happened. "You're positive that it was Dart?" Lucas asks as the group continues their journey, "Yes. He has the same yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin explains, keeping his pace a bit faster than the rest of the group.

"He was tiny two days ago." Max says, confused as to how he can be so sure, "Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin's voice sounds more and more annoyed by the second so Laurie reaches out and grabs his hand to give him some comfort.

"Malted?" Steve asks, "Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms." Dustin drops his sister's hand as they continue their journey. Not being able to see much with the flashlights, "When is he gonna molt again?" She asks, looking down at the curly-haired boy. "It's gotta be soon. When he does he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than cats," Steve says he catches the look Laurie throws at him and apologizes. "Wait a cat?" Lucas asks, grabbing Dustin by his shoulder and causing the group to stop. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No."

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve counters, looking at Dustin as if he's crazy while wrapping an arm around Laurie's shoulders. She leans into his side as her heartaches thinking of her murdered cat, "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks, confused as to why it's such a big deal.

"She was my best friend and cat that I had since I was little. She knew everything. Dart ate her!" Laurie says, annoyed and sad about the whole situation. "Laurie!" Dustin screams at her, "I knew it! You kept him and he made Laurie sad!" Lucas argues, not letting Dustin have a chance to do any more damage to his sister.

"No! No." The group looks at Dustin like he's crazy because he should know that he can't lie anymore, he's been caught. "No, I..., No I...He missed me. He wanted to come home."

"Bullshit."

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgan, okay?"

"Oh, so now you admit it?"

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max interrupts Lucas and Dustin's argument. Mostly because she sees how much Laurie hates hearing about her dead cat and they aren't making the situation any better.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas argues, making Laurie sigh and hide her face. He pulls her in closer and she looks up at him with her chin propped on his side. "So did you!" Dustin yells back and everyone rolls their eyes.

"What?" Lucas asks. Flashing his light in her face quickly, Max jumps back and blinks rapidly as Dustin screams again "You told a stranger the truth!" she scoffs at him, "A stranger?", "You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas screams.

Steve and Laurie watch as the middle schoolers argue until a screeching catches their attention. Looking at each other worriedly, he grabs her hand tightly as he moves his flashlight in front of him. They walk forward a bit, towards the sound of the screeching and she moves her flashlight to help brighten up the spot a bit. "Guys?" Steve calls out but none of them hear him. "Guys!" They yell together which catches the kids' attention.