𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄, 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃

𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄, 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐀 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃. "Laurie, I thought you left last night." She sighed, "Barb was upset that I was making sure you had safe sex and didn't drive me home. So I slept on the couch with my walkman playing. I heard nothin', scouts honor." Nancy laughs before handing her a jacket, "I don't think Steve would mind if you borrowed this."

She looks at Nancy, confused as she takes the jacket, "You're okay with your best friend wearing your boyfriend's jacket?" Nancy shrugs, "You need it, and I'm wearing his sweatshirt too. If anything, people will think he scored double." Laurie sits up, and her back pops, making Nancy cringe. She slides on the jacket, and with her bag in hand, the two girls head off into the night.

"So, Barb just left you?" Nancy questioned, "Well, she looked very upset, scoffed at me, then just walked away, and I didn't see her for the rest of the night. I would assume so."

The girls quickly make it to the Wheeler house and sneak in, but it seems too easy. Unfortunately, the door was left unlocked. They make their way to the stairs as the light is turned on, and they freeze. 'Shit, shit, shit,' Laurie thinks when she sees Mrs. Wheeler walking over to them. "Oh! Jesus, you scared me." Nancy says, looking at her mother. "Oh, I scared you?" Karen asks, and Laurie looks down quickly; she is mad.

"I know. I should have called."

"Where have you been?" Karen asks loudly, making Laurie jump a bit. "We agreed on 10" Karen softened her voice when she realized how loud she had gotten. "After the assembly, some people wanted to get something to eat. I didn't think it's a big deal."

"You didn't think to call and let me know? With everything that has been going on? I was worried enough with you being out, but I have another person's child in my care." Then, Laurie starts feeling even worse because she got Nancy in worse trouble.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Wheeler." Laurie starts, but Nancy quickly stops her, "No, Laurie. It's not your fault. I didn't realize how late it was, okay? I'm sorry, mom. What more do you want? Come on, Laurie." Nancy heads upstairs, "Sorry, again, Mrs. Wheeler." She starts upstairs, but Karen stops them both.

"Whose sweatshirt and jacket is that?"

"...Steve's," Nancy says slowly. "We got cold at the assembly, and he lent them to us. The poor boy was freezing by the time the assembly ended." Laurie quickly lies. "You can go on up, Laurie. I wanna talk to Nancy." She sends her friend a sad look and then heads upstairs.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Laurie can never thank god enough that she and Nancy are the same size in clothes. She looked more preppy than usual, with a light blue sweater adorned with a peter pan collar and dark pants. "Hey, Laur." Nancy says, coming up to the girl after the bell rings, "Sup, Nance?" She asks, looking at the girl and noticing she seems uncomfortable. "Have you seen Barb at all today?" She shakes her head no, and her mind starts to think.