𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

After looking around for Steve's crew for almost an hour, she finds him sitting on the hood of his car with a bloodied face looking upset in the parking lot of a convenience store

After looking around for Steve's crew for almost an hour, she finds him sitting on the hood of his car with a bloodied face looking upset in the parking lot of a convenience store. "You seem to be doing some major rethinking." Her voice catches his attention instantly, giving him a small sense of comfort. "Yeah, kind of got in over my head." She laughs loudly while walking over, "Understatement of the year, Harrington."

Her jean-clad legs lean against the car as the two teens are side by side. "That whole thing really meant nothing, Steve. She does care for you." He sighs, frustrated, then looks at her, "I'm not mad that she might not like me anymore. That's fine, it'll sting, but I'll get over it. I'm mad that she just tried to ignore me and not tell me what was happening. Tommy might have also gotten into my head." She nods with a small smile. "Yeah, people like Tommy tend to help make things worse."

He sighs as Tommy and Carol walk out of the convenience store. "Well, look who it is," Tommy says with a smirk that makes her cringe. "Shove it, Tommy." She quips, "You owe me $1.20." He says to Steve. "Don't worry; he'll need more than Aspirin when we're done with him." She rolls her eyes before holding the cold soda can to Steve's swollen face. "Yeah, if the creep ever gets out," Carol says, but Laurie ignores her. The couple continues to say stupid shit until Steve finally snaps, "Carol, for once in your life, shut your damn mouth!"

"What?" She asks, surprised as Laurie smirks, "Hey, what's your problem, man?" Tommy's words are defensive, making the girl happier that Steve finally sees the light. "You're both assholes. That's my problem." He slides off his car, which leaves her holding the soda as he gets in Tommy's face. "Are you serious right now, man?"

"Yeah, I'm serious. You shouldn't have done that." He says, pushing Tommy. "Done what?" Laurie gets off the car while Tommy and Steve argue, "You know what." She stands away from the group as this isn't her current fight. "You mean to call her out for what she really is? Oh, that's funny because I don't remember you asking me to stop." The boys are in each other's faces, and she's on the edge of wondering if she should try and break them up.

"I should've put that spray paint right down your throat." He threatens, and it sparks a warm feeling in her. She bites her lip, looking at him in amazement. "What the hell, Steve?" Carol questions and ruins the moment that Laurie was having in her head. "You know, neither of you cared about her. You never even liked her because she's not miserable like you two. She actually cares about people." His voice rises just a little.

"The slut with a heart of gold." Carol gasps when Laurie slaps her across the face, "Shit like that will get you hurt, red. Keep your slut-shaming to yourself." She warns the girl. "Hey, keep you bitch in check, Harrington! I don't know what's gotten into you, man." Tommy yells, pushing Steve against his car.

Steve pushes him back, "Get out of my face." Tommy grabs him by his jacket and pushes him against the car again. "Or what? You gonna fight me now, too? Huh? You gonna fight me now, too? Because you couldn't take Jonathan Byers, I wouldn't recommend that." Steve gets released and opens his door, "Come on, Laurie." He looks over to the girl, and she walks over to the car's passenger side.