𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃, 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋�...

𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐃, 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐀 𝐁𝐈𝐆 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐑𝐊 𝐎𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐀 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐒, 𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐔𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟗𝟖𝟑 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍. Being a junior in high school in a city of fewer than 10,000 people, Laurie never thought her life would be more than a few things. Boring, uneventful, and tragic.

Boring, Hawkins was lucky enough to have an arcade, video store, and pool. Those are things that help keep the people entertained, but with the pool being opened only 1/4 of the year, things get boring quickly. You get used to the everyday life of waking up, school, homework, and whatever you can find to do before 8 p.m. when everything closes, and be in bed by 10.

U̶n̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶f̶u̶l̶ Predictable; Okay, initially, she said uneventful, but after thinking, it's predictable. It's eventful because of her brothers...she has four. All are younger, but only one is by blood. She has her biological brother Dustin and his three friends, Will, Mike, and Lucas. As the only sister who is both old enough and cares, she's the babysitter. It's predictable because no matter what, she always has to watch them. She doesn't hate it, but there are some days when she would like to be able to do what she wants.

Tragic; Let's face it, life is tragic. People die, relationships fail (friendships and romantic), people leave, and many other things make humans sad. Some animals feel sadness and the difference between animals and humans are that animals don't stay sad forever; some humans do. The day that Dustin was born, she started to prepare herself for some tragedy because now she had a human she loved more than anything, and that was her little brother. It helped when their dad left not too long after Dustin was born.

Never in a million years did Laurie think that Hawkins was more sinister than she ever believed. Yet, the night of November 6th, 1983, will never leave her mind or anyone in Hawkins. Because of that night, she became closer to her brother, saw all her friends almost die, and met the love of her life.

The vanishing of Will Byers was just the start of Hawkins's descent into sinister happenings, but let us focus on November 1983.